U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 09:38 AM

5,586 posts, read 4,793,203 times

Advertisements

I have no sadness over recent events except for the victims. I have anger.

The people on here that refuse to watch the news and read the paper are just hiding from reality and that doesn't make the bad go away. You are adding to the problem if you don't know what is suspicious and what to do about it. You may see a person they are looking for and not even realize it.

For the last 50 years I have heard people say they are sorry for the children growing up in this kind of world. You do realize that the present is the only world they know. It is no big deal to them.

America was great because people rose to the challenges. They did not hide from them. People should do the right thing and not think of themselves and their feelings first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 11:16 AM

13,042 posts, read 7,210,583 times
I hear ya gentlearts only this whole lets kill innocent cops because we're angry at a small minority has me deeply concerned for our friends still in law enforcement. Especially one that I've known since she was very young and is now pregnant with her first one.

I do not understand how these young men have gone so far astray. It's disturbing. Evil for the sake of religion. Evil for not accepting responsibility for your actions, and evil because you were born different. Why?

Old 07-18-2016, 03:14 PM

19,289 posts, read 20,169,227 times
The past few decades of hate and blame directed at heterosexual white men has had two effects: establishing a permanent scapegoat for academia, the media, and government, and creating many bitter and violent young men who lash out at the forces which thwart and despise them at every turn. Only a fool would fail to see the consequences of the orgy of ubiquitous misandry which has infected our culture.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:27 PM

3,443 posts, read 2,824,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I hear ya gentlearts only this whole lets kill innocent cops because we're angry at a small minority has me deeply concerned for our friends still in law enforcement. Especially one that I've known since she was very young and is now pregnant with her first one.

I do not understand how these young men have gone so far astray. It's disturbing. Evil for the sake of religion. Evil for not accepting responsibility for your actions, and evil because you were born different. Why?
Because they are messaged by perverts with agendas, in positions of authority, that some shadowy "entity" is keeping them down.

Never mind that sometimes "the Man" actually *is* the problem. That's real, too, and must be explored via legal processes! Someone must monitor the monitors, no doubt of it. When it devolves to anarchy, though, everyone loses and despair results.

...which is OP's point, I believe.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:53 PM

3,965 posts, read 5,254,642 times
Although some would apparently want to convert this thread to something political, I would just say that there are many news and information organizations that depend on generating fear in Americans to make sales or boost ratings. Whether far right, far left or in between, we owe it to ourselves to NOT LISTEN to those who want to cash in by stoking fear. The fact is that the crime rate in the United States has been dropping since 1992, and still is. Yes, there are tragedies that still happen, but a lot fewer than there used to be. Listen closely. If the news you are listening to prefers to emphasize the negative and hardly ever mentions the positive things happening, if they repeat awful events over and over, getting you ever closer to the gory details, if they are always shaking their heads and remarking at how bad OTHER Americans are, TURN IT OFF. You don't owe these fear mongers your sanity. Realize that, while there are dangers in the world, we are safer than ever. Work toward making the world a better place in whatever way gives you satisfaction, but don't be one of those people who trades on fear. It will not make for a happy or fulfilled life.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:09 PM

6,682 posts, read 11,910,130 times
I feel for you. I imagine many of us feel the same. It as if the world has developed a cancer, and is in Stage 4. I don't see how the world can continue on this hateful path. I feel the USA is literally falling apart. I chose to limit my time watching the news. In fact i just had the cable company remove CNN and the rest of them. I'll watch PBS if I want the news. I dont want all this constant tragic news in my home anymore. The media seems to be out of control on how they report the news.

Try to keep busy with activities you enjoy, is my best advice. Otherwise the news and gloom will set you crazy.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:59 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,478,794 times
Thumbs down  

I literally stay inside 99% of the time......... I want nothing to do with the sheeple morons of today who dont value thier privacy OR ANYONE ELSES and all do the same thing!!!!!!!

Last edited by Dude111; 07-18-2016 at 11:15 PM..

Old 07-18-2016, 11:12 PM

4,554 posts, read 2,028,474 times
I just want to add to my post # 10 above...

The video I saw on tv after not having watched for a very long period of time was that of the police beating Rodney King. Ironic.

Last edited by tangelag; 07-19-2016 at 12:33 AM..

Old 07-19-2016, 12:54 AM

11,095 posts, read 6,596,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I have woken up and I see how bad and evil this world is now....

I see these companies putting garbage in our food TO MAKE PEOPLE SICK so they need big pharma WHICH BRINGS IN $$$$$$$$$$$ FOR THEM....... Its all a scam.... (They are in bed with big pharma to make them $$$$$$ when someone gets sick from this stuff they cause...(They goto them to get over it))

Aspartame
Carragean
Suclarose
Maltodextrin

All that stuff DOESNT NEED TO BE IN OUR FOOD and it wasnt ever in our food before the 2000s hardily...........

I SEE THE REAL WORLD AND I DONT LIKE IT ONE BIT!!
Maybe you need to stop eating so much junk food if those are the types of ingredients in your food. I don't like the taste of aspartame or sucralose, so I don't buy foods that have those as an ingredient. Maltodextrin looks like its mostly in foods that have artificial sugar, so that is another one you could probably avoid by not buying reduced fat, or foods with artificial sugar.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:02 AM

32,011 posts, read 17,278,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It is as though I have reached my limit of tolerance for the constant pounding of sorrowful things happening in the world.
Last night's Bastille Day massacre seems to have hit me in a physical way. I feel like curling up in a ball and sleeping, and I can't snap out of it.
I mourn the loss of our collective happiness, and feel powerless to affect change.
Funny thing is, I feel happier than I have ever felt in my life. I am moving in such a positive direction, even my caregiver duties don't bring me down. I just accept life as it is. I also realize the media LOVES to fan the flames!! I think a shooting makes the media pee their panties.

I don't like the idea of my emotions being ruled by events outside of my control Nor will I allow myself to become traumatized because some people hate gays, or Native Americans, or whatever else they hate. I can't help what they believe or how they feel about me.

If the world wants to spiral out of control, I will be just as happy. I don't make a habit of reading the comments section of every internet news source. The hatred is palpable. The statements are overly generalized.

Just yesterday, someone said something like **** football team is full of rapists. Okay, really? It is FULL of rapists?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning