U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you spend that extra day with?
Friend 10 7.63%
Lover 16 12.21%
Family 105 80.15%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 12:36 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,074,451 times

Advertisements

My paternal grandmother. I have always missed Grandma and wished she could be with me. She died at age 75 when I was 13 years old in 1968. It just seemed that I had so much in common with her. I was lucky that she lived next door, but, I have so many questions I wish I could ask her and stories I am sure she had to tell.

The upside is that throughout my life, I have been eager to hear the stories of other "grandmas" that didn't have anyone to listen. Oh, gosh, I'm a grandma myself now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 02:11 PM

13,280 posts, read 4,242,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melovescookies View Post
Not everyone gets the chance to say goodbye to their loved ones. My husband died in an accident so I never got any closure. I saw him in the morning before work and said goodbye like it was a regular day. I told him everyday that I loved him but I would give anything to have just one more day to hug him, kiss him, to tell him how much he means to me and to thank him for giving me 13 amazing years. One more day would accomplish a lot for me.
That does suck.

I miss my grandfather so bad because it wasn't expected but I took care of my father for 2 years while he died slowly and it didn't effect me in the way it did when his father died.

But yeah, that would suck to have no clue, you just say bye in the morning and surprise.

It would be real hard to break that news to the unsuspecting.

Old 07-26-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
My paternal grandmother. I have always missed Grandma and wished she could be with me. She died at age 75 when I was 13 years old in 1968. It just seemed that I had so much in common with her. I was lucky that she lived next door, but, I have so many questions I wish I could ask her and stories I am sure she had to tell.

The upside is that throughout my life, I have been eager to hear the stories of other "grandmas" that didn't have anyone to listen. Oh, gosh, I'm a grandma myself now.
Yea I feel sorry for people who have bad grandparents of deceased grandparents. I so loved my grandparents and they were super good people. I loved my father's father as much as I loved my father.

Old 07-26-2016, 02:16 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,133,751 times
I have never understood anyone wanting to hang on to someone enough to want them to have to come back to this world. Yes I miss them but they are hopefully in a better place and I hope to see them again some day. Live and let live.

Old 07-26-2016, 02:20 PM

1,731 posts, read 703,587 times
my husband.

Old 07-26-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
My husband. Most definitely. After almost seven years, I still miss him desperately, and I am still deeply in love with him. We had 35 short years together. I always thought we'd be one of those couples who had a 50th wedding anniversary....

Sweet, I mean it is sweet to see love I guess.

My Mom remarried at 70 7 years ago and I love him like a father, I have never seen two people meant for each other like those two. 7 years they been married and they act like teenagers chasing each other around, I mean it is sickening lol.

You wouldn't believe it unless you seen it.

True love at 70, we should all be so lucky.

This is them singing at an old folks home, she has several gospel albums and he was putting her music for free in truck stops all over America and he just decided to call her up a year after his wife died and it was a year after my father died.

https://youtu.be/NtYFoRhQSTs

Old 07-26-2016, 02:50 PM

5,200 posts, read 4,206,668 times
My precious Pom; my baby.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:28 PM

8,874 posts, read 12,925,130 times
It would be my maternal grandmother. We spent a lot of time together when I was young, so we were quite close. But now that I am of the age she was when we were hanging out, I would love to have her perspective on a lot of things. She was completely self-educated but exceptionally intelligent, well-informed, and wise. (She was reading a biography of Thomas Jefferson when she died, shortly before that she read Shogun.)

Every couple of days I think, "I'd love to know what Grandma would say about that."

Old 07-26-2016, 03:32 PM

1,890 posts, read 1,244,975 times
I would like to see my father, I have only one memory of him as a child. Would my life have been different, was he a good man? Questions that will never be answered, he died in the war 1944.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
I would like to see my father, I have only one memory of him as a child. Would my life have been different, was he a good man? Questions that will never be answered, he died in the war 1944.

Dang, I guess that would be an easy choice, I would say your life would have been much more different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or