U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 01:06 AM

22,787 posts, read 21,833,733 times

Advertisements

Thank you.

We're still here whenever you might decide that you have more to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 05:57 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,496,221 times

Old 09-14-2016, 12:17 PM

5,681 posts, read 1,974,137 times
Dear OP. I hope you get the support you need to make the decisions you need to make. In the meantime, take care of yourself and know that we are here when you need us. *Hugs*

Old 09-19-2016, 12:30 PM

3,263 posts, read 2,846,649 times
It has been a couple months. I hate the weekends when everyone around me loves them. I guess the part I like most is that I've been sleeping through half of them lately. I sent his sofa and love seat off yesterday as well as some of his tools. I've been leaving the stuff in his house alone, I guess hoping he would come back. Today feels like he's not going to.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:02 PM

9,148 posts, read 3,957,049 times
You have some tough days to get through especially as the holidays are right around the corner. That first Thanksgiving and Christmas without him were very hard and it hit me so unexpectedly. As much as you are hurting right now, it will get better. For me, it's been 5 years, 1 month. The pain has lessened although at the time it was hard to believe it ever would.

My heart goes out to you.

D.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:03 PM

5,627 posts, read 4,654,559 times
My grandma passed in 2012 and I feel the same. There are times when i wish i could just pick up the phone and call her. Times i wish i could just stop by.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:40 PM

My mom and I share a similar, sarcastic sense of humor. So many times I find something that would crack her up & I'd love to call her.

Old 09-20-2016, 12:48 AM

19 posts, read 9,641 times
My dad and I have been feeling the same way about my mother. I still can't believe she's gone (it's been two months: July 24th, was the worst when we got to hear, "We did everything we could.")

Less than a week after the funeral, we had tickets for James van Praagh. It was too soon - we went with high hopes, and I left disappointed, and much less of a fan than I'd been. We had to leave in the early hours of the morning, to get there by the time it started, and when I remembered why we were going, as I got into the shower, I had a panic attack, and went dizzy. I still go into denial, and then it hits me again. It feels like it's only going to get worse. Especially with the holidays coming up.

Old 09-20-2016, 12:50 AM

19 posts, read 9,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
My mom and I share a similar, sarcastic sense of humor. So many times I find something that would crack her up & I'd love to call her.
Me, too.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnelaK View Post
My dad and I have been feeling the same way about my mother. I still can't believe she's gone (it's been two months: July 24th, was the worst when we got to hear, "We did everything we could.")

Less than a week after the funeral, we had tickets for James van Praagh. It was too soon - we went with high hopes, and I left disappointed, and much less of a fan than I'd been. We had to leave in the early hours of the morning, to get there by the time it started, and when I remembered why we were going, as I got into the shower, I had a panic attack, and went dizzy. I still go into denial, and then it hits me again. It feels like it's only going to get worse. Especially with the holidays coming up.
I think I'm still in denial most of the time. I STILL feel as though he is coming back.

Last weekend, I gave away his sofa, love seat and some tools. I cried when I watched it go down the road. I don't know which will be tougher: selling the house or selling the Harley. I think once those are gone, I'll know that the chapter is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning