U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 10:50 PM

22,698 posts, read 21,741,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I think I'm still in denial most of the time. I STILL feel as though he is coming back.

Last weekend, I gave away his sofa, love seat and some tools. I cried when I watched it go down the road. I don't know which will be tougher: selling the house or selling the Harley. I think once those are gone, I'll know that the chapter is over.
...or the albums and the books. It's always something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 06:55 AM

3,263 posts, read 2,838,518 times
It has been three months. Feels like years.

His house still has most of his stuff in it. I moved things off the carpet to get it cleaned, so I can gear up for selling it. When I was at work, I thought about how I would stop by, get several things from his garage and make a real impact.

I opened up his garage, saw the Harley sitting there, looked around, then closed the garage back up.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:41 AM

Update: The hospice had a memorial for those who pasesed away in July. They mentioned that grief tends to take that long to kick in, because dealing with the affairs are winding down. That wasn't easy, but I wasn't alone in that room.

And today I had to say good-bye to his Harley. Another tough day. It isn't any easier.

Old 12-20-2016, 02:20 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,453,442 times
Yes I am so sorry

Old 12-23-2016, 12:23 PM

527 posts, read 389,154 times
This is so true. I am three years into this and I still feel like my husband is going to one day be sitting in the living room with a cup of coffee when I get up in the morning...and I have moved away into a new home in a new state and I still feel this way.

I still talk to him. Relentlessly. I am such a chatterbox that when he was alive he ignored me half the time, so sometimes it doesn't even seem that much different. ;-)

Old 12-23-2016, 01:05 PM

31,984 posts, read 17,262,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
This is so true. I am three years into this and I still feel like my husband is going to one day be sitting in the living room with a cup of coffee when I get up in the morning...and I have moved away into a new home in a new state and I still feel this way.

I still talk to him. Relentlessly. I am such a chatterbox that when he was alive he ignored me half the time, so sometimes it doesn't even seem that much different. ;-)
I can relate to this. It's been 9 years since my Mom passed and just last week I felt so strongly about her, I wanted to call her. Then I scolded myself. Then I gave myself permission to feel emotions that are normal and healthy.

Old 12-23-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post

I could have written this. I talk to MG, too. I keep telling him that I hope I'm making the right decisions "for him" (he didn't have a will). I have been taking care of paperwork and stuff, feeling as though I'm doing it for him as if I'm doing his chores or a favor for him.

Although I don't talk a LOT, there were times when I could see his eyes glazing over. LOL. And he would give me this long, drawn-out, "Yyyyeeeaaahhh," as though he was completely bored with (not just me but) the whole world.

It has been 5 months. It still feels as though his away. I feel like I simply miss him a lot, and I'm keeping busy until he comes back.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:30 AM

1,195 posts, read 2,121,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
He has been gone for 15 days.

Even though I cared for him and watched him deteriorate, my mind and heart haven't accepted that he is gone permanently.

It was the first part of August that he went to Sturgis last year. I feel like he has gone there & that I just have to wait for him to come back.

I miss him. I find myself toying with the idea of buying things (to fill the void, I suppose), then decide that I don't want buy or DO anything.

I keep coming across things to tell him that would make him chuckle.

my son died on the 24th of September of this year.
it was sudden and unexpected.
i still go to text him.
i still head towards his job to maybe meet him after work.
i still have brief moments when i forget
and then it hits me all over again.

i don't know what's worse -
this being the new normal
or one day him being dead
gone
being the new normal.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:19 AM

21,431 posts, read 18,139,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think.reciprocity View Post

my son died on the 24th of September of this year.
it was sudden and unexpected.
i still go to text him.
i still head towards his job to maybe meet him after work.
i still have brief moments when i forget
and then it hits me all over again.

i don't know what's worse -
this being the new normal
or one day him being dead
gone
being the new normal.
I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

Old 01-01-2017, 04:48 PM

866 posts, read 370,946 times
Dear Metamorphosis:
This is how it is for me.
My late wife crossed over back in May 2016 but, due to some special past experiences with others who "crossed over", I knew she was right here and living in the Afterlife as well so, she is NOT GONE but comes around quite often to be with me and let me know that she is alive and well. Her final years were very difficult and filled with lots of pain and illness so she is very happy to feel so good over there and has quite a sense of humor when she comes here. I do miss her a lot and wish that she was still her (she was 72 and I'm 79 now) but I definitely did not want her to carry on over here in such misery, pain and with no good future at all. The fact that she is still here and comes by makes going through a grief process much easier for me and today, I packed up our Xmas tree and stuff without any tears or emotional pain (it might come later though) and gave away a lot of it as I may not bother with Xmas again (not bah-humbug though!).
It's been 9 months but feels like 9 days! There are so many funny stories to tell of how and when she comes here to remind me of stuff or request visits to Macy's Women's Dept. or the In & Out Burger and has me pick up chocolate ice cream when I'm in a market. The stories could fill a book but the bottom line is that she is still right here but just in a slightly different dimension and I've seen a few Psychics where she shows up right away (she was also psychic) and we have a marvelous talk.
For what it's worth, they do not DIE!
They go over to what is called the Afterlife and yet they are right here with us in a slightly different dimension and can and do communicate with us ALL OF THE TIME but most of us cannot allow them in due to fear, superstitions, SHAME and/or some other mental/emotional blocks so they cannot just blast into our minds/hearts and reality without causing a lot of trouble. They do what they can to get our attention to let us know that they are OK and that they have a much broader or deeper understanding of life and their earthly journey than they had while here in form.
Many books have been written about the Afterlife and our loved ones who are over there so look around for this information. A good place to start might be to look for some books or online stuff by James Van Praagh - a gifted psychic and author or just google: psychics ...and have a ball learning all about where and how your loved ones are now days.
good luck,
jim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning