U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2016, 10:25 AM

21,483 posts, read 18,177,881 times

Advertisements

I am creating this thread and hope a mod will sticky it for those of us who have lost a loved one, even a pet, to post anniversaries, birthdays, day of death, etc. To me and I think to others, a special date/day is very important to you and you like to "get it out" that you have a special day in your memories.

Aug. 25th would have been our 16th anniversary of marriage. I posted a message to him on FB but feel this place would be a very nice place to post special days for all.

What you say? Think it's a good idea? Ms/Mr. Mod, would you sticky this please so people could find it easily on their special days?

Thank you so much,
Tami
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 01:00 AM

22,767 posts, read 21,813,668 times
My dad died on August 30th 20 years ago. I hadn't thought about him in a while, and the other day he was my first thought. It took a cup of tea and a little while to realize it was that day.

His funeral was Wednesday the following week--I think. Mom felt disappointed that so few showed up at the funeral home. As it turns out, a lot of people had missed the obituary because of the holiday weekend. They were away or busy and hadn't read the paper. She received calls and cards for months.

He was a nice guy--a kind, loving, gentle man. I miss him.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:44 AM

Not a loss from death but yesterday I re-homed my baby boy TwoBee. He is an African Senegal parrot and between worrying I might die before him, he's only 16, average life span 35 years, me being 63, I re-homed him with a woman who is 48. Same age as I was when I rescued him. My health is not good, my living circumstances have deteriorated to renting a room in a stranger's house and the people in the room next to me are vampires. Up all night, sleep all day and Toobs and I were getting no sleep. He even was growling u Der his cover at night at the noise! So I wrenched my heart out again and gave him to a lady who has other birds. He has a vet appointment already for the 21st. She will be a good, as she put it, "babysitter". Now I can die in peace knowing I did right for my baby. There was not a single soul left on earth for him if I died before him. Now I want nothing more than to go home to God and see my husband and my parents.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:15 PM

1,034 posts, read 610,538 times
tami, I feel so badly about your downturn in life. I've followed your posts here on the grief and mourning forum and I want you to know you have helped me face my widowhood tremendously. I was shocked to hear that you were having a tough time financially and in finding a decent place to live. The last I saw was that you were living in a great apartment in Florida and were super content. I'll put you in my prayers tonight that things will start looking up for you. I lit a virtual candle for you at this website:

Light a candle - Candles

To see your candle, go up to the top and click on "search." Type in TIL and it will take you to the search results. Then click on the TIL link in the search results page and it will take you to your candle.

Old 09-14-2016, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
tami, I feel so badly about your downturn in life. I've followed your posts here on the grief and mourning forum and I want you to know you have helped me face my widowhood tremendously. I was shocked to hear that you were having a tough time financially and in finding a decent place to live. The last I saw was that you were living in a great apartment in Florida and were super content. I'll put you in my prayers tonight that things will start looking up for you. I lit a virtual candle for you at this website:

Light a candle - Candles

To see your candle, go up to the top and click on "search." Type in TIL and it will take you to the search results. Then click on the TIL link in the search results page and it will take you to your candle.
Oh, my goodness, janellen!! Thank you so much. (((Hugs))) Also thank you for sharing that I have helped you with your widowhood. I am very sorry to hear of it. I hope you are well. Thank you again for your wonderful kindness. Bless you.

Last edited by tamiznluv; 09-14-2016 at 10:43 PM..

Old 09-15-2016, 11:26 AM

7,986 posts, read 6,739,855 times
There will always be two days that will be in my mind. My wife' death was on 11/22 which was also the Sunday before Thanksgiving so both days cause me to reflect.

Old 09-16-2016, 02:18 AM

1,034 posts, read 610,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
There will always be two days that will be in my mind. My wife' death was on 11/22 which was also the Sunday before Thanksgiving so both days cause me to reflect.
My husband died on Christmas day 2014 so I know how you feel. Kinda messes up the holidays doesn't it?

Old 09-16-2016, 05:19 PM

3,967 posts, read 5,257,158 times
My husband died on Dec 6, 2014; his memorial service was on Dec. 23. But on Thanksgiving day, 2014, that was the day that I realized he could no longer chew food - and with that came the realization that it would not be long before I lost him. So yes, the Holidays were sad, reflective days for me last year. But we will see how I do this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning