U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-04-2016, 02:37 PM
 
17,851 posts, read 5,758,872 times
Reputation: 12075

Advertisements

I find a lot of solace in this poem. When someone leaves us in death or other ways, I don't believe they want us to suffer, they want us to go on and make our lives as best we can.

Miss Me But Let Me Go!

Time is on our side. Life is Good. Make the Best of It.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-05-2016, 08:38 AM
 
Location: SWFL
21,061 posts, read 17,912,446 times
Reputation: 18375
Thank you. That is beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2016, 12:44 AM
 
26,164 posts, read 14,275,460 times
Reputation: 17235
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth
I find a lot of solace in this poem. When someone leaves us in death or other ways, I don't believe they want us to suffer, they want us to go on and make our lives as best we can.
But its so hard seeing we love the person who has left us.... But maybe we should l00k @ it another way!!



They are not stuck on this hell hole anymore,they dont have to suffer with the crap here on earth now...... they are lucky!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2017, 06:59 PM
 
17,851 posts, read 5,758,872 times
Reputation: 12075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
But its so hard seeing we love the person who has left us.... But maybe we should l00k @ it another way!!

They are not stuck on this hell hole anymore,they dont have to suffer with the crap here on earth now...... they are lucky!!
I hope some will get some solace from this. We have to accept it was their time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2017, 09:52 PM
 
Location: SWFL
21,061 posts, read 17,912,446 times
Reputation: 18375
January will be 6 years now. I live a totally different life in SW Florida. I swapped my wedding rings for a family ring. I don't date, have no interest in sharing my life with another man, I live for me. I am as happy and content as I can be without my husband with me and he better be happy about that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2017, 10:17 PM
 
17,851 posts, read 5,758,872 times
Reputation: 12075
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
January will be 6 years now. I live a totally different life in SW Florida. I swapped my wedding rings for a family ring. I don't date, have no interest in sharing my life with another man, I live for me. I am as happy and content as I can be without my husband with me and he better be happy about that!
Good attitude. Enjoy Life. It's Precious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2017, 12:35 AM
 
Location: southern born and southern bred
12,398 posts, read 14,218,771 times
Reputation: 19265
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
January will be 6 years now. I live a totally different life in SW Florida. I swapped my wedding rings for a family ring. I don't date, have no interest in sharing my life with another man, I live for me. I am as happy and content as I can be without my husband with me and he better be happy about that!
wow, 6 years already Tami !! Dang gf........you rock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2017, 11:10 PM
 
Location: SWFL
21,061 posts, read 17,912,446 times
Reputation: 18375
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
wow, 6 years already Tami !! Dang gf........you rock.
Yeah, Pip, seems like only yesterday, huhn?

People have written to me over the years thanking me for the posting I used to do and to them I hope my words of hope and healing have come true for them. I know the counseling others gave to me came true. I had a hard time believing them but by golly, time is our friend in its own way.

I learned to compartmentalize the grief. It's still in me but I live life around it. Despite it. I learned life DOES go on, even if you can't see how yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2017, 07:18 PM
 
522 posts, read 380,797 times
Reputation: 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
January will be 6 years now. I live a totally different life in SW Florida. I swapped my wedding rings for a family ring. I don't date, have no interest in sharing my life with another man, I live for me. I am as happy and content as I can be without my husband with me and he better be happy about that!
Four years for me and in pretty much the same head space. I sometimes wrestle with "Would I bring him back if it meant I had to continue working and still live in NJ?" Because I now live in a lower cost area, I've built a great circle of friends, I'm about to retire, and I'm really loving this new life. I try to tell myself that he would want this for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2017, 10:57 AM
 
Location: SWFL
21,061 posts, read 17,912,446 times
Reputation: 18375
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
Four years for me and in pretty much the same head space. I sometimes wrestle with "Would I bring him back if it meant I had to continue working and still live in NJ?" Because I now live in a lower cost area, I've built a great circle of friends, I'm about to retire, and I'm really loving this new life. I try to tell myself that he would want this for me.
My husband told me to find another love. I told him no then but he wanted me to so bad that I quit arguing with him. I WAS scared to be alone and lonely but it's not so bad. I do miss him and being a couple but on the other hand I love being my own boss and having to answer to no one. I am (was) an only child so I am used to being alone. My selfishness is well taken care of now. I would trade everything if he could be back and healthy but I have to deal with the cards we were dealt.

I am sure your hubby would want the very best for you in his absence. Sounds like you are doing okay. Congrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top