U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 08:27 PM

28,411 posts, read 14,139,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
May Simon RIP.

Indeed, out of curiosity--how old was Simon at the time of his death?
He was just over 14. His birthday is in July.

Tomorrow evening we are having a little remembrance/celebration of his life.

I'm sure my face will leak some more.

Thanks again for all of you taking the time to help console me over his passing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 09:28 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,467,561 times
Unhappy  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez
Thank you both. He passed away at 1:11 this afternoon.
Ahhhhhhhh poor kitty!!

You loved him very much I can tell

Im so sorry

Old 09-21-2016, 12:28 AM

4,453 posts, read 1,734,085 times
This is very difficult and heartbreaking, I know.. experiencing more than once. Pets mean a great deal to pet owners. It helps to grieve, for however long that may be. We never forget them though and will always be a part of us.

As others say, it is good to have new pets and maybe you will when ready.. of course, another is not a replacement for one that is gone, but are each individual beings.

If you have not already, you might create a little "shrine" to have out with kitty's photo(s), where you can light a candle by. (May I suggest using tea lights in recessed candle holders that can burn four hours or so or even the battery-powered tea lights taking the battery #2032, available at Dollar stores, 99c store, usually).

Poor kitty.. but sounds like he had a nice, long life. Hope you all get through this.

Old 09-21-2016, 01:11 AM

974 posts, read 2,476,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
This is very difficult and heartbreaking, I know.. experiencing more than once. Pets mean a great deal to pet owners. It helps to grieve, for however long that may be. We never forget them though and will always be a part of us.

As others say, it is good to have new pets and maybe you will when ready.. of course, another is not a replacement for one that is gone, but are each individual beings.

If you have not already, you might create a little "shrine" to have out with kitty's photo(s), where you can light a candle by. (May I suggest using tea lights in recessed candle holders that can burn four hours or so or even the battery-powered tea lights taking the battery #2032, available at Dollar stores, 99c store, usually).

Poor kitty.. but sounds like he had a nice, long life. Hope you all get through this.
A small shrine of some kind is very healing. We actually had the cat and dog I mentioned in my earlier post cremated. We bought beautiful urns of a cat and a dog asleep in a basket. They came with plaques that we had engraved with a little story about each of them. They sit on our mantel over the fireplace. I can still "speak" to them everyday.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:48 AM

3,012 posts, read 1,813,022 times
I'm so sorry about Simon. Pets are definitely family members, especially if they are in your life for so long.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:58 AM

4,453 posts, read 1,734,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalys View Post
A small shrine of some kind is very healing. We actually had the cat and dog I mentioned in my earlier post cremated. We bought beautiful urns of a cat and a dog asleep in a basket. They came with plaques that we had engraved with a little story about each of them. They sit on our mantel over the fireplace. I can still "speak" to them everyday.
That sounds really nice. I have three small, pine boxes with ashes of each kitty who has passed on, with photos of them on top, on a shelf. In another spot, I have a small "candle lamp" that shines upon photos of them. I have other framed photos of them scattered about. (I have one younger cat now, and never want to think of the inevitable). They mean so much and I am grateful to have had these pet relationships.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:11 AM

369 posts, read 177,304 times
Awww, Pedro, I am so sorry for your loss! I have loved and lost so many pets over the years, and I still cry sometimes because they are gone. There is nothing wrong with that. Our pets fill a part of our soul that nothing else can, and losing them is like a part of you has been ripped away. I will always cherish the honor of having them in my life. I know you gave Simon the best life he could have had.

For most of us, they are not "just a pet", and I feel sorry for anyone who thinks of them that way, because that means they never experienced what it is to share your life with another living being that becomes a part of you, that loves you unconditionally, and that enriches your life in so many ways. Simon will always live on in your heart, and there is no greater tribute than that!

Old 09-21-2016, 07:33 AM

10,053 posts, read 7,003,842 times
The comments in this thread are beautiful and they gave me goosebumps. Love to see good humanity in my day.

May he rest in peace. At least now he is at rest.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:08 AM

4,429 posts, read 3,109,525 times
Rip...

Old 09-21-2016, 09:41 AM

3,070 posts, read 1,626,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Thank you both. He passed away at 1:11 this afternoon.
My condolences on losing a part of your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or