U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 01:01 AM

5,475 posts, read 6,186,024 times

Advertisements

My grandparents and my aunt in the same accident. I was very close to my grandparents and my aunt and I were only a year apart in age. We grew up as close as sisters. Closer, actually. We used to say we could read each other's minds as twins are sometimes said to do. I think I was in a fog for five straight years. I think my faith that I will see them again eventually is as close as it got to healing but it never really heals. I think the passing of years puts a certain distance between the event and the pain and that is probably what people mean by 'healing' but a lot of the early years were spent just putting one foot in front of the other. It's been more than 30 years since they died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 09:18 AM

9,101 posts, read 3,923,269 times
Yes, my son's best friend. She died in a car accident at 22 years old. It is so hard when they die so young before they have had a chance to live their life, get married, have a family. I don't know how her mother goes on.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:59 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
28,387 posts, read 50,582,032 times
I had 6 brothers and 2 sisters. The brother next after me was the closest, we always did a lot of things together, even after moving out and I got married. Then one day on a road trip he was hit head on by a drunk driver, and died at the scene. To answer the question, you never really get over it, and that's good, because you still have the great memories.
Over time the grief gets less, but this happened in 1990, and we still think or talk about him at family gatherings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning