U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2017, 04:36 AM

5,165 posts, read 2,393,848 times

Advertisements

My high school sweetheart died. We had not spoken for years, but he forgave me for being an insensitive 17 year old & when I did talk to him again, as adults, it was as if so many years had not passed.

I had known he had been very ill, too much illness for our age. I had heard that he was getting better. But he died.

Danny, I can't believe you are no longer on this earth. Thank you for keeping me going, age 14 1/2 to nearly 18. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for singing "Words" to me. I will always love you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 09:06 PM

4,665 posts, read 5,908,507 times
May you find peace and comfort in knowing you had set things right with your friend.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:24 PM

7,031 posts, read 3,750,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
My high school sweetheart died. We had not spoken for years, but he forgave me for being an insensitive 17 year old & when I did talk to him again, as adults, it was as if so many years had not passed.

I had known he had been very ill, too much illness for our age. I had heard that he was getting better. But he died.

Danny, I can't believe you are no longer on this earth. Thank you for keeping me going, age 14 1/2 to nearly 18. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for singing "Words" to me. I will always love you.
Marcia, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Because, it is a loss. When we love someone -- even if it is many years ago, it always hurts to hear that they are gone. I believe that every time you think of someone who has died, it is as if a spark of them is still in the world, and I certainly felt that "spark" picturing Danny crooning away to you all those years ago. Hugs, my friend!

RosieSD

Old 09-29-2018, 10:57 AM

21,433 posts, read 18,150,188 times
I resurrected MMM's post because I didn't want to start another one.

My first boyfriend died two days ago. He was such a nice guy. IDK what I was thinking when I dumped him for the jerk I first married. He's the third person I know who died from not moving their bowels. I guess people don't realize how important it is to stay regular. I am lucky, I found out about 30 years ago when my MS created problems for me. Took me years to find the right solution but I found it! Mineral oil. Take a couple of tbs at night, right as rain in the morning. That's another tip I like to pass on through experience but don't know if anyone takes it.

Anywhoo, Wayne, I wish I had still been in town and knew your problem, I would like to think you would still be around. Say hi to your brother, Bruce, from me. Will miss ya on FB. I am so glad we had our little re-kindled time together.

((())) xxx

Old 09-29-2018, 01:43 PM

16,851 posts, read 51,316,975 times
Great advice Tami. I had one relative that lived to 107. Prominent in her bathroom were mineral oil and milk of magnesia.

I find it discouraging that many modern meds meant to extend life are constipating. Some blood pressure meds in particular can be bad. As someone who has fought digestive issues since about age 6, I have to keep a close watch on all of such stuff. A word of warning to go alongside yours - With severe constipation, bulking agents such as psyllium can act in reverse, making things worse. Mineral oil, the osmotic agents like milk of magnesia, lactulose, and colace are safer. For some people, artificial sweetners can do the trick. For a hoot, search the comments on Amazon for sugar free gummi bears. Stimulants such as senna are frowned upon by doctors, but may be needed from time to time in some cases. Trying the mineral oil first seems much wiser.

There is often bittersweet in first loves. The intensity of the emotions leave indelible marks. Sorry for your not having more connection time before his death.

Old 09-29-2018, 05:22 PM

21,433 posts, read 18,150,188 times
Thank you, Harry and thank for the new little tips!

Just today my friend told me they were getting the grandson who spends an hour or more in the bathroom trying to poop, some mineral oil like I have been suggesting for over a year.

When I first heard of sugar free chocolate I was so excited! Then I heard all these horror stories about the sweetner causing diarrhea! So I just don't eat candy anymore except for maybe a little once a year. I don't even know if they make the stuff anymore. When I lived in Mass., they had whole stores dedicated to sugar free chocolates!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning