U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 07:58 PM

549 posts, read 822,678 times

Advertisements

Saturday will be 3 years since I got the call that I was needed at home. My mom had been sick with lung cancer and I was planning on being with her just a couple weeks later. She had fallen in the night and couldn't get up. I remember the day like it was yesterday. I was working and got a call from hospice. They said "Jodi you need to come now" I lost my mind for a minute, called my employer and headed the 500 miles towards my moms. We had one last week together and then she was gone. I don't know why but today is really hard for me. I miss her so much. She was my best friend. We had always had such a bond. I am the only one left in my core family. Sometimes it just feels lonely and scary. I have my husband and my children but I don't have my sister, my mom or my dad..they are all gone. I can't stop crying it seriously is like she just told me. God I miss her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 08:00 PM

1,429 posts, read 708,507 times
Sorry for your loss.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:34 AM

8,008 posts, read 6,780,022 times
Hug your husband and kids. They are your family and be thankful for it.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:03 AM

2,916 posts, read 1,188,236 times
My condolences on the loss of your mother.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:41 AM

25,508 posts, read 23,358,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkiss View Post
Saturday will be 3 years since I got the call that I was needed at home. My mom had been sick with lung cancer and I was planning on being with her just a couple weeks later. She had fallen in the night and couldn't get up. I remember the day like it was yesterday. I was working and got a call from hospice. They said "Jodi you need to come now" I lost my mind for a minute, called my employer and headed the 500 miles towards my moms. We had one last week together and then she was gone. I don't know why but today is really hard for me. I miss her so much. She was my best friend. We had always had such a bond. I am the only one left in my core family. Sometimes it just feels lonely and scary. I have my husband and my children but I don't have my sister, my mom or my dad..they are all gone. I can't stop crying it seriously is like she just told me. God I miss her.
I'm so sorry for your loss....she was not only your best friend, but your support system....
she was everything that you knew, which was warm and safe....she was part of you and you part of her....it is normal to feel like you do...and yes, it does feel lonely and scary, but what I did when I felt that way was think of all the good times we had together...all those many hours we'd talk, and share perspectives....we all grieve in different ways, and there isn't a time limit you can put on grief....and remember, crying doesn't mean you are weak, it's a way to purge those feelings...

On Sat. (tomorrow) why don't you go somewhere, where you both had gone together, to celebrate her life, and how much she did for you, and made you feel. Tell her what a good mother she was, and what you loved most about her. There is nothing wrong with talking to her. Appreciating her, and no matter what, even though she is not here she was and she made such a positive difference in your life.

Hugs

Old 03-31-2017, 12:28 PM

12,949 posts, read 24,122,205 times
So sorry for your loss. they say it gets easier but I don't think so

Old 03-31-2017, 07:29 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,039,348 times
When my own mother was dying I was privaliged to spend 3 months with her. The last week she insisted she saw people waiting for her on the other slide of the lake.

I now believe it was those that went before her, waiting for her to cross. It gives me great relief to know that. I hope you can come to terms with that too.

After listening to her & seeing how she reacted, I believe our loved ones are there for us when we cross over. I hope that helps you.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:36 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,523,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf
Hug your husband and kids. They are your family and be thankful for it.
Yes indeed..... Dont ever take them for granted!!

Im so sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or