U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 07:29 PM

1,408 posts, read 700,199 times

Advertisements

On April 1st 1998 my grandmother died.

On April 11th 2008 my first wife died, we had known each other for 24 years. We had been a couple for just under 11 years and had been married for almost 10 years.

On April 5th 2016 my dog died, he was 10 years old.

And now on March 29th 2017 my best friend Carl has died. I had been friends with Carl for 28 years. And he died yesterday.

When you go through your life experiences, and realize that over half of your life experiences that were not with your spouse, were with your best friend. It is hard to just acknowledge all of times that your shared together. Weather it was just hanging out; playing cards; or engaging in various hobbies. When you shared both good times, and some bad times together. How do you put a lifetime of friendship into a few sentences.

I am still in a state of shock, I can’t believe that my best friend is gone.

RIP Carl Pedersen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 11:49 AM

13,107 posts, read 17,646,574 times
wow I am so sorry for all of your losses during the times of march and april . one year I attended over 15 funerals and I got so tired of all the deaths of friends , family , co workers I was just so depressed after I counted up that year how many funerals I had been too . I guess I'm trying to say that death never takes a break and I'm sorry for all of your losses . God bless you .

Old 03-31-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
wow I am so sorry for all of your losses during the times of march and april . one year I attended over 15 funerals and I got so tired of all the deaths of friends , family , co workers I was just so depressed after I counted up that year how many funerals I had been too . I guess I'm trying to say that death never takes a break and I'm sorry for all of your losses . God bless you .

Thank you

Old 03-31-2017, 04:55 PM

4,544 posts, read 3,008,088 times
It was really hard for me when my best friend died. We'd been friends for over 40 years & it took me a long time to realize he was living with the use of oxygen & that was not how he wanted to live. Although I finally admitted it to myself, it was still hard to live without the frequent phone calls we had.

It's always a hard time when our loved ones are gone. It helps me to know they are safe & without pain now & I try to be thankful for that, even though my heart hurts & I want them back.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
It was really hard for me when my best friend died. We'd been friends for over 40 years & it took me a long time to realize he was living with the use of oxygen & that was not how he wanted to live. Although I finally admitted it to myself, it was still hard to live without the frequent phone calls we had.

It's always a hard time when our loved ones are gone. It helps me to know they are safe & without pain now & I try to be thankful for that, even though my heart hurts & I want them back.

Exactly.

Old 04-07-2017, 03:17 PM

Now one more reason to not like April, Today April 7th we had to put down Shilo, one of our cats. I posted some pictures of him in the Cat's Picks section under the Pets forum.

And a picture of Rigby is on my profile picture, he is the one that is light/medium brown with the white belly.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:14 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,463,143 times
I am so sorry,you have been thru alot!!

Old 05-17-2017, 11:10 PM

Even though my friend died on March 29th; the family is having his memorial service this Sunday May 21st.

I would not have waited almost 2 months, but I am guessing that the parent's are naturally having issues at burring their only son. I can't say as I am not having issues as well.

It has been hard, I have had to stop my self at least 10 times from picking up the phone just to see how his day was going; or to tell Carl about how my day had gone.

I just miss my friend.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:26 PM

1,936 posts, read 2,729,615 times
I am sorry for your losses.

I also have a Bad Time of March 19th thru April 17th. Almost every one of my family members that have passed away in the last 20 or so years, passed during that time. This year it was my cousin on the 20th of March, between my Dad on the 19th and my sister on the 21st.

I've conceded defeat, call it my Bad Time and stick to my rules:

* Keep a to-do list. I'm more likely to forget things during this time, so that keeps me on track.
* Be good to myself. I do what I need to do, but I don't stress if I get lost in memories and something doesn't get done.
* Seriously try to not make firm commitments--getting "out there" and being expected to forget about it doesn't help.

So next year, take it a day at a time and be good to yourself.

Old 05-18-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
I am sorry for your losses.

I also have a Bad Time of March 19th thru April 17th. Almost every one of my family members that have passed away in the last 20 or so years, passed during that time. This year it was my cousin on the 20th of March, between my Dad on the 19th and my sister on the 21st.

I've conceded defeat, call it my Bad Time and stick to my rules:

* Keep a to-do list. I'm more likely to forget things during this time, so that keeps me on track.
* Be good to myself. I do what I need to do, but I don't stress if I get lost in memories and something doesn't get done.
* Seriously try to not make firm commitments--getting "out there" and being expected to forget about it doesn't help.

So next year, take it a day at a time and be good to yourself.

Thanks and I hear you. Most often I do try and stay busy for April as much as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or