U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2017, 06:41 PM

3,263 posts, read 2,838,518 times

Advertisements

As of this week, I have lost two people to cancer in less than 11 months - my guy and my sister.

I'm tired of watching people die. Neither person wanted to linger and have others "wait". That's all I could do ya know. There isn't anything a person can say or do to reverse the situation.

It's exhausting, btw.

Strange how they will give an injection to a felon or a sick animal, but there is nothing humane about a sick person dying. All that can be done is medicate them until they pass. What is humane about that?

Please don't suggest that I might be depressed. I'm sure that I am. Please don't suggest that I see someone. I have - with medication. Nothing will bring them back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 09:15 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 1,789,032 times
{{{{ hugs }}}}. I'm so sorry for your losses.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:33 PM

Thank you, Robino1.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:50 PM

4,804 posts, read 1,351,350 times
Of course you're depressed. You should be. It's normal. Death and loss are depressing. It's absurd to medicate it, as if grief is wrong. I won't say that you should "see someone" - but I do hope that you have one or two relatives or friends you're close to, who are in touch with you.

So sorry for your grief. And that a good point, but a sad one - about the awfulness of a lingering death. A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with multiple cancers, and it's an awful situation.

Old 05-20-2017, 02:37 AM

4,833 posts, read 2,142,556 times
Quite the sorrow filled message to share..Thank you for bringing to light the effect this has. On those left to carry on.
My condolences for such losses.
In early time of grief..I recall a neighbor shedding some relief to my sorrow..She simply said...You were there...And your loved one needed a hand to guide them to peace.
What I thought to be a curse...Was a blessing that I could be there...Just simply be with them in their journeys..Take comfort in that..

Old 05-20-2017, 09:09 PM

I thank each of you for your kind words.

I'm having trouble with motivation. Nothing seems important. UGH.

Anyway, thank you.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:18 PM

4,529 posts, read 7,035,557 times
metamorphosis - I'm so very sorry for what you and your loved ones went through. I can only imagine how exhausting it has been for you. You must be beyond spent. I had a friend who took care of her sister who was fighting cancer for just under a year. I saw first hand what a toll it took on her as the caregiver. Thankfully, she made it through the tough time after the loss of her sister with help from family and friends. I honestly admire anyone who can do this. I imagine you are at the point where you are still processing it all, and wondering how you will let it continue to impact your life. I can feel your anger, that's OK, you've gotta move through clearing out all the emotions you've been bottling up. Clearly it has and will change you. As time goes on, I hope that you are able to see what the experience of the losses has taught you. And I hope that you are able to feel joy again and give thanks for having had your loved ones in your life. I know it's hard to imagine, but, you can use this experience in a positive way - when you are ready, it's too soon yet.

Time to take care of yourself my dear.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:27 PM

I have been blessed to have both people in my life.

Being without them is tough. The next toughest thing is with the cancers they had, they both stopped eating, then stopped drinking. It's hard to imagine anything worse to watch.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:14 PM

22,702 posts, read 21,750,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I thank each of you for your kind words.

I'm having trouble with motivation. Nothing seems important. UGH.

Anyway, thank you.
Paying the utility bills and rent or mortgage is important. Other than that, I don't have a clue. Oh, wait, you're supposed to eat.

I had a problem with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or