U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 12:22 PM

318 posts, read 189,931 times

Advertisements

Two mornings ago my husband died, and the sadness is just too unbearable. I can't stop crying. We were together 46 years. Yesterday was our anniversary. That made it even more heart wrenching. I feel like I want to be where he is. It's going to take me forever to get over this. He was the love of my life. I'm so broken.

I feel like I will never be the same. A part of me died with him. I'm just heartbroken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 12:33 PM

12,935 posts, read 24,071,180 times
So very sorry for your loss. Just went through this 3 months ago, it is not easy. HUGS

Old 05-27-2017, 12:34 PM

23,605 posts, read 30,350,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble cake View Post
Two mornings ago my husband died, and the sadness is just too unbearable. I can't stop crying. We were together 46 years. Yesterday was our anniversary. That made it even more heart wrenching. I feel like I want to be where he is. It's going to take me forever to get over this. He was the love of my life. I'm so broken.

I feel like I will never be the same. A part of me died with him. I'm just heartbroken.
No, you never will be the same and I can only offer you my sincere condolences. My wife passed away the day after Mother's Day and it just seems wrong. Although we didn't marry until later in life she was the love of my life and my best friend. Like you I think it will take me forever but by the same token, I don't think I'll ever get over this. My one consolation is that I'm already 70 and won't live forever, nor do I wish to,.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:57 PM

1,428 posts, read 2,255,253 times
Oh Marble Cakes you were so on my mind the last couple of days. I even sent you a message yesterday. I am so sorry. Big hugs to you. It is so sad. There are no words I know that will help having just gone through this myself going on 10 months now. WOW. I am surviving. One day at a time. Now just do the best you can to take care of you.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:23 PM

1,415 posts, read 701,871 times
Sorry for you loss, I have been there. I lost my first wife 9 years ago. She was only 48 at the time.

And Not even 2 months ago, I lost my best friend, someone I had been friend with for 29 years. He was 47 when he died.

All I can say it does get easier as the years go by.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:05 PM

3,270 posts, read 2,481,356 times
So so sorry for your loss. I have no advice, just hugs and positive thoughts to hopefully help you through.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:15 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,140,673 times
Sorry for your grief. Think about ways to honor him through the rest of your life. My sister-in-law made a prayer garden where she goes to meditate and feel close to him. It hasn't happened to me yet but my friends tell me how hard it is.

We have a village where we meet during the day and talk as friends. You are welcome to join us.

We will be getting a new thread for the village soon. Probably the start of next month. Right now thread starts out. "Village is back again, yay."

Old 05-27-2017, 07:19 PM

10,053 posts, read 7,010,750 times
You have my condolences. Remember to cherish those 46 years you've been with him.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:47 PM

331 posts, read 171,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble cake View Post

No, you never will be the same. A part of you did die with him. I lost my wife of 33 years to breast cancer 12 years ago. I am not the same and never will be, but life has taken so many unexpected turns that it has become an entirely new second life. Just keep your husband in your heart, always honor his memory, and stay open to whatever life sends your way.

One of the best pieces of advice I received was, "Don't make any significant life decisions for at least one year. Don't sell the house, quit your job, start a new romance or anything else. You think you are thinking clearly, but you aren't." I realized later how sound that advice was. I thought I was thinking clearly, but I wasn't. I made lots of stupid small decisions, but at least no disastrous ones.

I hope you truly believe you will one day be where your husband is. I firmly believe that as well. When it's your time, you will be with him. There is a reason that you rather than him were given the challenge of remaining behind for now.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:56 PM

15,700 posts, read 3,122,200 times
im so sorry for your loss,OP.Rest In Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning