U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 02:21 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,389,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
not sure what you should do but my twin sister and I are estranged and I'm just fine with it. IF I were to find out similar news about her I would not contact her. I feel if circumstances were so extreme as to keep us apart and not communicating then illness of any kind should not be a good enough reason to reach out to her.
But that's me and that's how I feel. We never got along and her behavior is the reason and from what I gather from others she has not changed.

But you really have to do some soul searching and do what your heart tells you.
This is where I was with my brother. My counselor told me to eliminate him from my life and don't look back.
He passed away, I did not know he was ill. His SIL called me. I also did not go to his funeral which was 2,000 miles from me.
Lord knows what I would of been walking into. He had a new family, and I wasn't nor did I ever want to be part of it. I'm sure they heard plenty of lies as that is all that came out of his mouth.

Interestingly he still had money from my father in a trust. It was set up so that I would get everything he had. Nothing was to ever go to his new family If he ever had one. My dad was very aware of how he was to his own sister. I laugh when I hear blood is thicker than water. I said that once to him and he said want to bet.

His family called me and I said I want NOTHING of his. No money, not the house, car, etc. His wife had died 2 years prior to him and they had no kids. So his wife' s family got whatever he had. Of course they were thankful but not enough to say that to me. Which tells me I made the right decision on not going to his funeral. He married into what he was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 09:49 AM

23,605 posts, read 30,327,697 times
To me, situations like this all go back to forgiveness which is a marvelous gift you can give to yourself. It can bring closure to a damaged relationship and repair it going forward. It also means that when the end comes to another you need have no regrets. That can be tremendously healing for both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or