U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 06:57 AM

723 posts, read 963,922 times

Advertisements

Saying goodbye, I've had it happen a few times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 09:55 AM

23,605 posts, read 30,354,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachwannabe View Post
I was having lunch with a friend who lost her spouse recently and said she received pennies from heaven...
About two weeks after I lost my wife I walked out of the garage, down the driveway and across the street to pick up the mail. On the way back and in the middle of the driveway there was a bright penny that hadn't been there before or I would have noticed it. I picked it up and entered into the garage where another bright penny was in the middle of the floor and which hadn't been there before.

Pennies from heaven indeed!

Old 07-06-2017, 11:46 AM

8,230 posts, read 8,512,384 times
No. In fact, the opposite. As much as we may wish that a dead loved one may be looking after us, no, and I don't think it makes sense to focus on the occasional coincidence.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:50 AM

1,428 posts, read 2,255,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
For me it is a matter of faith. I believe that direct communication from God or from those who are with him happens only when we actually need it. Although I received a message from my father and my husband, I did not receive any communication from my mother, my grandparents, aunts and uncles, etc. I have total trust that if I need communication, it will come, and if I don't, it won't. It really is not up to me. But in addition to having faith and trust, one must be open and listening. Not all people are. As far as the science behind it, I don't know, and I doubt this is something that will ever be known. I am a science based person (medical field) but I accept that there are things that are beyond human knowledge. Just because we cannot prove it doesn't mean its not there.

Now you brought this up. I only received a visit from my first husband a few times at a time I so need him in my life. Nothing from my adoptive mother or father and many others that have gone before me until Joe.

I have been reading the book Heaven something I forget at this moment and it did talk about those talking about visits after death are more likely to be having them. Honestly Joe and I talked so much about this. Not to be morbid on the subject. We just had many many discussions and Joe was always open to giving it a try.

And reading through these posts further on Pennies from heaven. Joe was never one to follow tradition so he has been sending me dimes. LOL And many times in the presence of my friends so they see me finding them. It is only the friends he really liked that get to be witness to these findings and the repeating number I keep getting. Not always the same numbers each time but most often 1111-444-555 and even one time 666 which kind of scared me. Some where I read 444 was angles. No idea on the 1111 and why some times three and some times 4 numbers but all the same. This in on the clock in the confirmation numbers when I pay a bill online. A phone number some one gives me. Random places.

It is all so fascinating and I also think we do have to believe in the ability for it to happen and be open to the signs and to also acknowledge them when you get one. I read some where if you continue to ignore the signs the sending party will just give up because it is supposed to be hard for them to send these signs.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:54 PM

5,165 posts, read 2,398,763 times
This is slightly off-topic, but still sort of within the realm.

My sister died in 2005 of lung cancer. The last few weeks were especially awful, she was in home hospice & the last few days, I'm not sure how aware she was of those around her, time of day, etc. Her son's birthday was approaching...it's also the date of our father's birthday (father was already deceased, son was a young man, married with children).

She died the day before their birthdays. She was a very loving mother & I believe that she somehow was determined that she would not die on her son's birthday.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:52 PM

2 posts, read 1,533 times
I am keeping some money for my niece and nephew as to follow my mother 's will after she passed. I am waiting one day they either are getting married or in need of money then I can give it to them. Last December I used them for a good deed in helping one of my brothers who needed money. I borrowed 500 dollars from this fund to him and saved monthly till it reached 500. Finally this week it reached my goal and I am returning the money back to where other money is. After counting the stach of money and going to put the 500 dollars back. I discovered there are 1,100 extra in addition to the 500 I borrowed. I recounted several times and all came to te same results. I felt strange since I am pretty sure the total amount when I put them away. Intuitive I knew it was my decreased brother who gave me the extra 1,600 in addition to the original amount of the money. I just knew that because no one in the family knows where I keep the money. This is how I figured it out: 1600 without zeros becomes 1+6=7 which is July and 1100 omitted zeros is the 11 day of July that was the date he passed four years ago. This phenomenon makes me speechless.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:21 PM

1,428 posts, read 2,255,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekim902 View Post
I am keeping some money for my niece and nephew as to follow my mother 's will after she passed. I am waiting one day they either are getting married or in need of money then I can give it to them. Last December I used them for a good deed in helping one of my brothers who needed money. I borrowed 500 dollars from this fund to him and saved monthly till it reached 500. Finally this week it reached my goal and I am returning the money back to where other money is. After counting the stach of money and going to put the 500 dollars back. I discovered there are 1,100 extra in addition to the 500 I borrowed. I recounted several times and all came to te same results. I felt strange since I am pretty sure the total amount when I put them away. Intuitive I knew it was my decreased brother who gave me the extra 1,600 in addition to the original amount of the money. I just knew that because no one in the family knows where I keep the money. This is how I figured it out: 1600 without zeros becomes 1+6=7 which is July and 1100 omitted zeros is the 11 day of July that was the date he passed four years ago. This phenomenon makes me speechless.
WOW and that is a tidy sum of money to just have turn up.

Now you have me wanting to go look at all the dimes I have come across randomly since Joe passed and check out the dates. I did not pay any attention to them when I picked them up It might have had more meaning if I had done so. too tired to deal with it tonight. Might just take a peek them ponder it in my sleep.

Old 07-08-2017, 03:35 PM

5,122 posts, read 2,928,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekim902 View Post
When we married my wife wanted to handle the checkbook and the bank account so I was happy to let her do it. I noticed the checkbook balance whenever I wrote a check and glanced at the bank statements but never got in her way. She was good at it. When she died I had to take over the task and when the bank statement came in the mail there was over $10,000 dollars in the checking account beyond what was recorded in the checkbook. I was stunned and figured the bank made an error. When I talked to them they said there was no error...the balance reported was correct. I didn't believe them and I got them to give me a printout of three years of transactions and went back that far trying to figure it out. I never did. Apparently, I think, she was not recording her part-time job paychecks for a long time back before the three years that I could easily check. I really don't know for sure. Much of that money went to pay part of my daughter's college expenses...which she would have wanted. It is still a mystery to me.

Old 07-09-2017, 07:13 AM

2 posts, read 1,493 times
We lost our Daughter in June of 2014. We were by her bedside when her time came and told her how much we loved her, thanked her for fighting so hard to stay with us but it was ok for her to go. Immediately after telling her it was ok, her respiration dropped and she left us just a few minutes later. After she passed I could feel her all around me, it was something I've never felt before and hard to explain. I believe she has sent us numerous signs.

About 3 weeks later, we were visiting her when we saw a box turtle walking from the South to the North. When it was about 25 yards away, one of my daughters said "Maybe that's Stacy coming to see Us". Soon after that the turtle turned 45 degrees and started walking towards Us. There were 4 of us and we were sitting on the ground 10-15 feet apart. The turtle proceeded to stop by each of us as to say "HI" . It stayed by my wife until we got up to leave about 15 minutes later. I've never seen a turtle act this way. I truly believe Stacy was sending us a message.

As I mentioned, I could feel my daughters presence all around me until the day I met the Dog. It was early one morning in the Fall and I was visiting her grave by myself. I like to go by and check on it because the groundskeepers aren't very good. As I was leaving a Dog appeared out of no where and wouldn't get out of the way of my car. I drove maybe 50 yards with it staying in front of the car and barking. Finally had enough and got out to scare him off. It immediately came to me and rubbed up against my leg, I pet him for 5 or 10 minutes and he just took off down the road. After the Dog, I could no longer feel her around me, I believe it was her telling me she was moving on.

Old 07-09-2017, 07:49 AM

2,583 posts, read 1,185,108 times
HearYouMe, I am very sorry for your loss.

Peace be to you and yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning