U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 11:23 AM

1,213 posts, read 4,238,988 times

Advertisements

hello,
it has been a long time since coming to city data and so much has happened in my life.

I recently loss my boyfriend of nearly 2 years... we were very close and were planning our future (marriage, relocating after retirement etc) and he became suddenly sick (stroke) and that was the beginning of a cancer battle that he recently died from.

I believe that our loved ones from the other side can visit in our dreams. and I have been quite comfortable with this notion. However, this loss is VERY difficult for me and I am analyzing to verify in my mind that he did visit me and we are still emotionally connected.

So, the dream was nearly a month after he passed. Other family members have reported strange dreams but I didn't have any. I was beginning to think he was angry with me, or had fallen out of love with me during his illness.

So finally I get a dream.

I never SAW my boyfriend.. I only heard his voice. I was in my dream asleep in a dark room. I awakened (in my dream) to hear his saying "I just had to come see you". And I went crazy with crying and tears.. I kept saying "you came back to me, you're here, you're here!!"

We embraced and I FELT his face buried on my shoulder, and I could feel him shaking with crying.. and I could hear vocalization of him crying... and I was crying too.

Then it seemed we communicated (within my dream) by thoughts or telepathy.. no more talking. and I wanted to talk about his illness, and obsess about what should've been done etc... but then I got the feeling "no, let's not do that". And so I said in my thoughts to him "let's not talk, let's just hold each other and just be silent and feel our love".

While we were embraced, my eyes were closed and I got a mental image of him... It was like a picture projected in my mind. Almost like a social media picture.. and strangely the photo that I have seen before was now in my mind projected as a black and white... not in color as the original.

It seemed like it was his way of showing me, it was him. Almost like showing someone your ID. And

I could actually FEEL him embracing me. I could feel his arms around my waist, and his chest pressed up against mine. And I felt like our love was actually growing stronger... during this encounter.

And then I woke up from my dream. And strangely... it seemed like I was never asleep. Although it was the middle of the night, I woke up from this dream COMPLETELY AWAKE AND ALERT. I have never awaken from a dream or sleep completely awake and alert immediately after opening my eyes.

so, Is there any parts of my dream that are common occurrences with visits from recently departed loved ones?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 12:56 PM

1,428 posts, read 2,253,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcam213 View Post
hello,
it has been a long time since coming to city data and so much has happened in my life.

I recently loss my boyfriend of nearly 2 years... we were very close and were planning our future (marriage, relocating after retirement etc) and he became suddenly sick (stroke) and that was the beginning of a cancer battle that he recently died from.

I believe that our loved ones from the other side can visit in our dreams. and I have been quite comfortable with this notion. However, this loss is VERY difficult for me and I am analyzing to verify in my mind that he did visit me and we are still emotionally connected.

So, the dream was nearly a month after he passed. Other family members have reported strange dreams but I didn't have any. I was beginning to think he was angry with me, or had fallen out of love with me during his illness.

So finally I get a dream.

I never SAW my boyfriend.. I only heard his voice. I was in my dream asleep in a dark room. I awakened (in my dream) to hear his saying "I just had to come see you". And I went crazy with crying and tears.. I kept saying "you came back to me, you're here, you're here!!"

We embraced and I FELT his face buried on my shoulder, and I could feel him shaking with crying.. and I could hear vocalization of him crying... and I was crying too.

Then it seemed we communicated (within my dream) by thoughts or telepathy.. no more talking. and I wanted to talk about his illness, and obsess about what should've been done etc... but then I got the feeling "no, let's not do that". And so I said in my thoughts to him "let's not talk, let's just hold each other and just be silent and feel our love".

While we were embraced, my eyes were closed and I got a mental image of him... It was like a picture projected in my mind. Almost like a social media picture.. and strangely the photo that I have seen before was now in my mind projected as a black and white... not in color as the original.

It seemed like it was his way of showing me, it was him. Almost like showing someone your ID. And

I could actually FEEL him embracing me. I could feel his arms around my waist, and his chest pressed up against mine. And I felt like our love was actually growing stronger... during this encounter.

And then I woke up from my dream. And strangely... it seemed like I was never asleep. Although it was the middle of the night, I woke up from this dream COMPLETELY AWAKE AND ALERT. I have never awaken from a dream or sleep completely awake and alert immediately after opening my eyes.

so, Is there any parts of my dream that are common occurrences with visits from recently departed loved ones?
My husband comes to me in my dreams fairly often compared to most comments here. Most times it feels just like he has never left and no thoughts of his being sick. Just like another day in our lives only when I do wake up it was a dream. Like you I can feel his hugs. Even in waking times I feel like I am often communicating with him mentally with out words just thoughts between us. Mostly when I am begging for help on how to do some thing I am not familiar with. Most times I feel him there guiding me along. Today I need to drain and winterize the riding mower and I am hoping he will be there with me through this.

Often I see the repeating numbers and feel it is his nudge to make me look at the clock at just the right moment to see the 4:44 or 1:11 or 11:11 sometimes 555 rarely 333 but it has happened more then once. I wonder how often this happens to others. I get these numbers almost daily and I usually was just having thoughts of him at the time I see the number. For awhile I was getting the numbers almost frantically and confused by it then my neighbor 20 year old stalker escalated on me and once I kind of have that stopped the numbers appearing slowed down some but not gone away. So was this a warning to me he knew I was in danger?

I believe if you are deeply feeling this was a contact from him then it was. I understand the spirits can communicate with us easiest when we are asleep. I have been studying all of this. We talked so much about his contacting me after he was gone. He was totally open to trying. I know some of what has happened HAS for sure been him and I embrace every second of it.

I am so sorry your hopes and dreams were shattered .

Old 10-27-2017, 01:58 PM

2,490 posts, read 3,813,891 times
This isn't a sign after she passed, but a few weeks before my grandmother got really sick and went into ICU, and later died, I saw a crow (which is kind of known to be a sign of death) outside my terrace window, drinking from a water bowl I had outside for the stray cats. It was only one crow, and he kept sticking his beak inside the bowl, shaking it off, and looking inside the terrace doors at me. He stayed a while too. I always think of that as a sign that she was going to pass.

I should add I NEVER see crows around where I live.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:02 PM

5,508 posts, read 2,590,605 times
Quote:
hello,

First, I am sorry for your painful loss.

A day after my son died (suicide) I had this dream in which he came to me to explain to me why he did it. In my dream he showed me his pain. I FELT HIS PAIN! I woke up in shock.

Something else happened when his body was brought back but that was a dream.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:57 PM

5,508 posts, read 2,590,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post

Something else happened when his body was brought back but that was a dream.
Typo - that was not a dream.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:44 AM

334 posts, read 230,711 times
Many visits from my parents, brother
and my grandmother. I truly believe.

The one that brought me to my knees was when my mother passed. We were leaving her hospital room. My Dad was first, my husband next, my best friend and then, me. I felt someone behind my back and thought "oh, Mike is behind me" without really thinking.

Mike was my brother and had passed a year and a half earlier. His death broke my mother's heart and was instrumental in her quickly declining health. I KNOW Mike came to get her.

Old 10-28-2017, 03:50 PM

3,962 posts, read 5,248,587 times
Quote:
I believe that our loved ones from the other side can visit in our dreams. and I have been quite comfortable with this notion. However, this loss is VERY difficult for me and I am analyzing to verify in my mind that he did visit me and we are still emotionally connected.....

My observation is that loved ones CAN come to you in dreams, but you can also dream of them in an ordinary way that is not a visitation. I have had many dreams where my husband is just part of my life, as he would have been before he died. Although I enjoy seeing him in those dreams, they do not feel particularly significant or meaningful, and I don't believe those are any kind of visitation.

I have, however, had some - I think three - where I believe it was actually a visitation. In those dreams he is in shadow or somehow not completely visible, but he speaks to me and in two of them, I could feel his embrace. One of them was a couple of months after he died. I won't go through the whole dream, but it was an anxiety dream where at the end I was trying to call him on my cell phone, but it turned into a deck of cards and just fell apart. He was suddenly across the room, standing in shadow and saying "You will be OK. You can do it. I know you can do this....." and other encouragements about my current problems. That was a visitation. Years ago I also had one of those physically felt embraces from my Grandfather, a few months after he died.

I don't think there are any rules about how a dream visitation happens, but there are some common threads. If the person is older when they died, they will appear to be much more at the prime of life. However, often they are hidden or shaded. They speak to you as if you are awake. By that, I mean they don't talk about the contents of the dream, but speak directly of their feelings or yours, or, as in my case, give reassurance. My experience is that they don't participate in a "plot" in the dream, but simply are present to you and speaking to you. They don't always speak, however. I had one visitation that was just a picture with feelings, touching, etc. None of the things I have said here are the result of research, and are just what I have experienced and what a few others have told me.

Old 10-28-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indytoflgirl View Post
Many visits from my parents, brother
and my grandmother. I truly believe.

The one that brought me to my knees was when my mother passed. We were leaving her hospital room. My Dad was first, my husband next, my best friend and then, me. I felt someone behind my back and thought "oh, Mike is behind me" without really thinking.

Mike was my brother and had passed a year and a half earlier. His death broke my mother's heart and was instrumental in her quickly declining health. I KNOW Mike came to get her.
I so believe this for you.

I know my husband stood behind me with his arms around me as he was passing. I could feel him there. It was when I really knew he was gone and had left his body.

Old 10-28-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
My observation is that loved ones CAN come to you in dreams, but you can also dream of them in an ordinary way that is not a visitation. I have had many dreams where my husband is just part of my life, as he would have been before he died. Although I enjoy seeing him in those dreams, they do not feel particularly significant or meaningful, and I don't believe those are any kind of visitation.

I have, however, had some - I think three - where I believe it was actually a visitation. In those dreams he is in shadow or somehow not completely visible, but he speaks to me and in two of them, I could feel his embrace. One of them was a couple of months after he died. I won't go through the whole dream, but it was an anxiety dream where at the end I was trying to call him on my cell phone, but it turned into a deck of cards and just fell apart. He was suddenly across the room, standing in shadow and saying "You will be OK. You can do it. I know you can do this....." and other encouragements about my current problems. That was a visitation. Years ago I also had one of those physically felt embraces from my Grandfather, a few months after he died.

I don't think there are any rules about how a dream visitation happens, but there are some common threads. If the person is older when they died, they will appear to be much more at the prime of life. However, often they are hidden or shaded. They speak to you as if you are awake. By that, I mean they don't talk about the contents of the dream, but speak directly of their feelings or yours, or, as in my case, give reassurance. My experience is that they don't participate in a "plot" in the dream, but simply are present to you and speaking to you. They don't always speak, however. I had one visitation that was just a picture with feelings, touching, etc. None of the things I have said here are the result of research, and are just what I have experienced and what a few others have told me.
This certainly could be true as I have had both kind of dreams. For awhile I dreamed of him almost every night and it was just regular dreams. the last dream though was his telling me his stomach was hurting which was the common complaint for him after the whipple surgery. Even though I could see him perfectly in my dream and hear him I felt it was more of a visitation to remind me how sick he really was. It does not really make it easier to let go and then in a way it does. I do miss him as I am sure most of us here do be it Mother Father Spouse sibling or pet. They leave a hole in out hearts forever.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:18 PM

1,993 posts, read 1,851,975 times
Months after my grandfather died, I had a dream that seemed like a real message from him. He had died the night before I got in from another state, so there was no opportunity to say good-bye to him. As a result, I had had a very hard time letting go of him. One night I dreamed he was standing outside his house, which was on fire, and I was begging him to come away to my home with me. After politely refusing, he practically screamed at me to let him go, to let him stay where he was. I have remembered this as other people close to me have died and I make an effort not to hang on to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning