U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 09:45 PM

1,100 posts, read 724,611 times

Advertisements

Sending my sympathy to you and your family, and wishing you all strength and comfort in the face of this terrible loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 07:03 AM

5,577 posts, read 4,782,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMeriMarry View Post
My beautiful 25 year old niece was killed in a car accident yesterday. Her family is still in shock but they are devastated. My family is too. I don't know what else to say. I can't sleep and the grief is literally a physical pain. We just buried our mother six weeks ago. I feel as if I'm losing my grip on reality.

Must hold it together to get my sister and her family through this. I'm very concerned about her. Sorry if this post is pointless. Just needed to make contact with people who would understand.
Your sister will need someone to listen to her. Try to be that person. She will need to talk and that won't end soon.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:01 AM

12,480 posts, read 14,367,991 times
so sorry..............

Old 09-18-2017, 11:43 PM

94 posts, read 38,078 times
Rough day today. We cleaned out the car which at this point barely looks like a car. Our beautiful girl didn't stand a chance. The owners of the car lot where it was towed were awful. We were sobbing uncontrollably and they refused us access until we paid over $500 in fees. Gave them their damn money and later arranged yo have the car moved elsewhere.

Then visited the scene of the accident. I didn't think this was a good idea but it was important to my sister so we went. We saw the skid marks and leftover debris from the accident. My sister is the strongest person I know to be able to do this.

Since then I've been angry beyond belief. Why why why why. I've had grief before but nothing like this. Hurts in every way.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:15 AM

1,387 posts, read 601,424 times
There will indeed be some rough days for a while. That's just normal grieving, so don't beat yourself up over any of it. Just know it as a part of the process. The pain and longing will never really go away (nor would most people actually want them to), but in time, the fact that your niece lived will become more important than the fact that she died. The ticking clock on the wall will be your ally here.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:07 AM

16,724 posts, read 13,670,338 times
Quote:

Since then I've been angry beyond belief. Why why why why. I've had grief before but nothing like this. Hurts in every way.
I remember feeling better talking about the accident and ruminating over how it could have occurred. Placing blame on the other driver (who was drunk) definitely helped.

Who was at fault? How did it happen?

Do you want to talk about it?

Old 09-19-2017, 08:49 AM

94 posts, read 38,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I remember feeling better talking about the accident and ruminating over how it could have occurred. Placing blame on the other driver (who was drunk) definitely helped.

Who was at fault? How did it happen?

Do you want to talk about it?
It was a single car accident. She was on her way home from work. Apparently she went off the side of the road, overcorrected, and then the car spun out out of control. We already know she was not on her phone and we are 99.9999999% certain the toxicology reports will show nothing.

Two more miles and she would have been safe. She was an experienced driver. It was daylight and weather conditions were fine. I still can hardly believe she's gone.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:20 AM

16,724 posts, read 13,670,338 times
Quote:
It was a single car accident. She was on her way home from work. Apparently she went off the side of the road, overcorrected, and then the car spun out out of control. We already know she was not on her phone and we are 99.9999999% certain the toxicology reports will show nothing.

Two more miles and she would have been safe. She was an experienced driver. It was daylight and weather conditions were fine. I still can hardly believe she's gone.
I'm so sorry. It hurts and it's so hard to understand why. Why was it her time? What could have possibly gone wrong? Why now when she was so young? Just why???????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning