U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 10:12 AM

4,115 posts, read 3,395,931 times

Advertisements

Dearest asitshouldbe, sincere condolences from the bottom of my being, so very heartbreaking.

Having said that I can only say that thus far every single poster has not only given you heartfelt condolences but excellent advice and suggestions to see you and yours through this nightmare in the best way possible.

Make yourself known to the police in an appropriate manner and consider counseling for yourself and any other family members who need to be addressed as well.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers to get yourselves through this, as well as possible, so that you can heal and move forward with your lives. You have to go on and live for your family as well as in memory and honor of your brother.

He would not want you to destroy your life/lives this way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 01:37 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,394,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Hire a third party service. They will clean up the apt,and pack the belongings. It's worth every penny to spare a person this additional burden.

This loss is devastating. Be gentle to your spirit . My condolences.
I agree with this. I am so very sorry for your loss, especially under these circumstances.

Please be kind to yourself. Your brother lives on in your heart and wouldn't want you to get into trouble.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:42 PM

271 posts, read 100,280 times
This bad guy doesn't deserve your generosity in enabling him the easy way out (death)

all while you take his place suffering in a dungeon for decades

You'd be doing the perp a favor -and- the memory of your brother, a grave injustice

Still praying for you~

they'll get him for you and ensure his endless suffering

He'll reap what he sowed

You actually need to pray for him, that is in essence, is praying for yourself.

It is healing to pray for your enemies.

And he certainly is an enemy to do what he did

Old 09-17-2017, 02:09 PM

7,072 posts, read 10,829,568 times
Condolences for your loss.

My advice would be to STAY AWAY from the apartment and the two "suspects".

Find someway to do this while getting done with what needs to be done there.

Old 09-17-2017, 02:17 PM

3,273 posts, read 1,949,833 times
I am so sorry this happened to your brother. I cannot imagine the grief and rage you feel. Please be kind to yourself and do not go to the apartment. Pay someone to pack it up. If you cannot afford that or do not want to, for some reason, absolutely do not go there alone. Since you do not know if you could control yourself if you run into the murderer(s), you must avoid putting yourself in a position where you might make a snap decision from your rage. Take someone with you who can either shield you or prevent you from exacting revenge. It is not worth it for you to sit in jail for years if you harm someone.

Words seem inadequate in this situation. You have been heard.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:04 PM

11,898 posts, read 9,630,993 times
Quote:
Hire a third party service. They will clean up the apt,and pack the belongings. It's worth every penny to spare a person this additional burden.

I agree. Horrible for OP or anyone close to the victims to have to go to the scene, especially if the alleged murderer(s) live right next door and elsewhere in the building. They could even come out and antagonize OP if they're bold enough. Absolutely horrible. So sorry, OP.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:37 PM

22,739 posts, read 21,787,854 times
Quote:

This is a very good idea.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:43 PM

619 posts, read 324,613 times
I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot begin to imagine the pain you and your family are going through right now.

I think the advice you got, to have a third party do this job for you, is the best idea. If for some reason, that is not possible, then please please please do not go there alone. Bring a few close friends*and* the police and make sure your friends understand how you feel

Again, my sincere condolences

Old 09-17-2017, 05:13 PM

7,053 posts, read 8,212,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
My brother and his roommate were brutally murdered last weekend and the murderer's live in their building.
The detectives and police know who did it but do not have enough evidence yet and all I can think about, day and night is murder and how to slowly, painfully torture and kill these people.

I have to go to his apartment tomorrow to clean it out and one the suspects lives next door.

The suspects think they got away with it and that we do not know they did it.

How can I stop myself from killing him??

This is a serious question, I shake with grief and anger rage, I can not sleep, I lay awake and think of ways to hurt these people.
I do not think I will be able to not snap if I see him.

I know rage and revenge are normal feelings after a loved one is murdered but I can not think of anything else.
Retribution is constantly on my mind.
First off, sorry for your loss. I can't comprehend what you must be going through. Do you HAVE to go there now? Maybe wait a while.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:22 PM

5,583 posts, read 1,957,769 times
Dearest asitshouldbe. I am so very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what you and your family must be going through. There are no words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or