U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 08:43 PM

48,891 posts, read 39,370,650 times

Advertisements

Your brother wouldn't want you to throw your life away avenging them.

Also keep in mind that the police to occasionally eff-up.

But don't tip the suspects off by eye-balling them.

Let them think they might get away with it, people do stupid stuff when they think they're clear.

When they're bawling like babies getting life no parole or the chair, then give them a nice round of applause as the bailiff hauls them off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 11:59 PM

3,977 posts, read 2,963,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Hire a third party service. They will clean up the apt,and pack the belongings. It's worth every penny to spare a person this additional burden.

This loss is devastating. Be gentle to your spirit . My condolences.
This is the best advice.

You have two weeks until the end of the month, in any case. If you cannot hire someone, I would postpone rather than going now.

It might help to bear in mind that no matter how certain you feel at this moment that these suspects are surely the perpetrators, if it hasn't been proven, and you harmed them, and it then turned out someone else was the perpetrator, that would be a terrible thing to live with for the rest of your life. Even if retribution were the right thing, it wouldn't be right without one hundred percent rock solid indisputable proof. And if that proof existed, they'd be arrested already. I know this is easier said than done, but give the police time to work.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:18 AM

17,356 posts, read 3,528,493 times
Best advice for you, agreed...

A crushing blow, so sorry this happened...
normal to feel rage, angst, bereaved.

I wish you peace in time.

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Hire a third party service. They will clean up the apt,and pack the belongings. It's worth every penny to spare a person this additional burden.

This loss is devastating. Be gentle to your spirit . My condolences.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:14 AM

3,653 posts, read 7,260,891 times
This is almost too much to bear, we started cleaning his apartment and one the suspects, his next door neighbor, came up to us and said " he was so nice and such a great guy, this should never have happened to him"
Took every ounce of strength not reach in my pocket for the switchblade I brought. In my mind I wanted to stabbed him a thousand times with such force and violence that I pierced every region of his body.

There is more than one suspect, I know them all, one is homeless and I keep check him everyday,he sleeps in a small tent in parks or fields in the wooded area, he will be any easy mark.

My brother's son was murdered last July, he was like my own, one of my sons and him were only 3 months apart and he spent so much time with me.

His trial starts tomorrow, I have to look at that piece of **** in the eye who took his life and deal with trauma over his fathers death.

I have retribution on my mind 24/7, can't sleep or think of anything besides torture and revenge.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:08 PM

11,895 posts, read 9,612,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
This is almost too much to bear, we started cleaning his apartment and one the suspects, his next door neighbor, came up to us and said " he was so nice and such a great guy, this should never have happened to him"
Took every ounce of strength not reach in my pocket for the switchblade I brought. In my mind I wanted to stabbed him a thousand times with such force and violence that I pierced every region of his body.

There is more than one suspect, I know them all, one is homeless and I keep check him everyday,he sleeps in a small tent in parks or fields in the wooded area, he will be any easy mark.

My brother's son was murdered last July, he was like my own, one of my sons and him were only 3 months apart and he spent so much time with me.

His trial starts tomorrow, I have to look at that piece of **** in the eye who took his life and deal with trauma over his fathers death.

I have retribution on my mind 24/7, can't sleep or think of anything besides torture and revenge.
Your brother's son was murdered, too? My God.

Focus on the trial. Hopefully you will see justice served there and it may lessen your anger. In my experience, prosecutors won't bring a case to trial if they don't have confidence they can win it. Their evidence is likely solid and homicide divisions usually have the best prosecutors in the office working within them due to what is at stake and the severity of the cases.

The police will do their jobs, so let them. Do not do anything stupid. You have your own sons to worry about. It's not worth it doing something to one of these guys and risk ending up in jail. Hurting them won't solve your problems and won't heal your pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or