U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 07:21 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,545,224 times

Advertisements

58 funerals

there will be 58 funerals, 58 horrible phone calls, "I have some bad news"

there will be 58 families and 58 circles of friends all wondering

hours of wailing and sickening grief madness rage and anger

in a few hours the owners will wash the blood off of the streets and try to get business back to normal get the money flowing again

the cops and the ambulance drivers will go home and try to drink the tragedy away, quit their jobs to blot it out, to forget it

but for 58 families time has stopped as it did for mine, and life will just be moments strung together without the warm depth of easier times

just moments pushed by moments

no friends will go there, the signs will disappear

a few plaques and tableau will go up, and on the anniversary there'l be speeches

little will do when the family albums stop short and few smiles will ease the sting of the sight of those happy that it wasn't them

but how means little when all the why's go without any answer

what genetic sickness stalks us so completely that we judge one another to death?

will we ever be free?

the ease of hate enslaves us all

God help us ALL!

LOVE ONE ANOTHER AND BE FREE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 11:10 AM

1,428 posts, read 2,253,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
58 funerals

there will be 58 funerals, 58 horrible phone calls, "I have some bad news"

there will be 58 families and 58 circles of friends all wondering

hours of wailing and sickening grief madness rage and anger

in a few hours the owners will wash the blood off of the streets and try to get business back to normal get the money flowing again

the cops and the ambulance drivers will go home and try to drink the tragedy away, quit their jobs to blot it out, to forget it

but for 58 families time has stopped as it did for mine, and life will just be moments strung together without the warm depth of easier times

just moments pushed by moments

no friends will go there, the signs will disappear

a few plaques and tableau will go up, and on the anniversary there'l be speeches

little will do when the family albums stop short and few smiles will ease the sting of the sight of those happy that it wasn't them

but how means little when all the why's go without any answer

what genetic sickness stalks us so completely that we judge one another to death?

will we ever be free?

the ease of hate enslaves us all

God help us ALL!

LOVE ONE ANOTHER AND BE FREE!
So heartbreaking. I am so sorry for all of those families. No words are good enough to help. I am just hearing of this as I live in the middle of nowhere with out TV radio and limited access to the out side world. By choice mind you but some things coming in like this makes me feel horrible I did not know right away.None of this makes any sense. So many killings for who knows why in the killers mind. I just keep praying it will get better yet it keeps getting worse. So many broken hearts. :'(

Old 10-03-2017, 02:18 PM

13,105 posts, read 17,640,353 times
Yes there are no words to comfort people when things like this happen and so close to the holidays as well . I know for us we still mourn our father and our brother who took such joy in the holidays most especially my brother because of his kids and grandkids . Yes they will also have to face the empty chair this year and for years to come at the holiday table or the memory that will come flooding back of something that reminds them of the person who is no longer with us on earth .I don't think things are going to get any better , I fear they are going to be worse . Yes I will keep those families in my prayers and pray that God comforts their hearts while they go through the grieving process .

Old 10-03-2017, 04:57 PM

34,549 posts, read 42,708,506 times
I believe it is up to 59 now. Millions of dollars have been raised to help the medical and funeral expenses of the victims. I hope that this money helps them feel the love and care that we all have for the families of the fallen. It could have been any of us. They were just in the wrong place at the right time.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:29 PM

22,706 posts, read 21,750,727 times
There's always been crazy and violent people. Our numbers are increasing, so I guess there are more crazy and violent people.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:34 AM

421 posts, read 884,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
There's always been crazy and violent people. Our numbers are increasing, so I guess there are more crazy and violent people.
There are 90 people in the U.S. that are killed by guns every day. The majority of the deaths are by suicide.
When the 2nd amendment was part of the constitution in the 1700s, guns could only fire one round per minute. Our founding fathers, people of amazing wisdom could never conceived of a weapon that could fire 8 rounds per second.

I don't believe prayers help anything. And for the people killed in the mass tragedy it's too late. Congress will not do anything meaningful on gun control and remember that right now there are over 300 million guns owned by U.S. citizens.

I don't know the answer and I don't think anyone else does either. I guess my only advice is be a wonderful person, learn my two words that help me get through difficult times: appreciation and acceptance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning