U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 08:01 AM

21,465 posts, read 18,172,971 times

Advertisements

I am so sorry for your loss. I had said "bye-bye" to my dad on Sunday night, 7 p.m., Monday morning 5 a.m. it was the hospital calling to tell me he had been air-lifted to Boston. A few minutes later it was the Boston hospital calling asking me if I wanted them to try and keep him alive until I got there. I didn't make it. My Mom had been dead 12 years but that just talking to them and proof, they are gone is such a terrible shock. Almost 26 years for Mom, almost 14 years for Dad now. I still miss them so much and will until the day I die but it does get easier with time. Memories and talking to them most every day about something helps. I feel they are with me.

God Bless you and may your sorrow be tempered with the love that your Momma gave you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 05:17 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,045,656 times
Thanks again to all of you who offered your stories and support. I just arrived a couple days ago after 30 hours of flying from the US. It was my mom's wish to donate her body to science so the hospital gave us the opportunity to spend an hour for a small service in an area of the morgue itself. To be honest this has been even more painful for me because now I don't have a final resting place for my mom... i'm trying to ask the hospital if they can somehow return the ashes to me after they are done so that I can have a place for her somewhere and I can also come back to put flowers etc. otherwise I have nothing. My mom's decision was unknown to me and it was only revealed to me by my dad when I arrived.

I respect my mom's brave choice and i'm not surprised - my mom was always the type to help others first even at the expense of herself. She is the most compassionate, empathetic and unselfish person I know. However I am conflicted as I know this is a great cause but it would comfort me if her ashes would be put in our family grave site. I will never go against my mom's wishes to try to get her body back from the hospital but if they can give me the ashes after they are done that would help me tremendously, I will be discussing it with their department today.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:57 PM

21,465 posts, read 18,172,971 times
Best wishes to you that the hospital will be able to comply with your request.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:59 PM

436 posts, read 171,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
My mom lives in another country and I just chatted with her on Sunday and she was fine. I had just been to Vegas and was telling her about my trip and she was reminiscing her own trip there a decade ago. Yesterday my phone starts blowing up with text messages/Voicemails from my cousin, Aunt etc. to call immediately. I then got the news that my Mom had a heart attack a few hours prior and had passed.. she was only 69, I was stunned, I still am, it's difficult to process everything and I feel such a void as I used to talk to her and my Dad weekly. How do you deal with this kind of grief? This is the very first close loss of a family member I have experienced.
You stay very busy and ensure you are eating right and exercising. It will help your mood

Otherwise, the pain lessens with time. I can finally go a few days not thinking about my Father and it's been 3.5years now. The pain lessens thru time...I will keep you in my prayers, so sorry this happened to you

Old 01-28-2018, 02:15 PM

588 posts, read 122,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374
My mom lives in another country and I just chatted with her on Sunday and she was fine. I had just been to Vegas and was telling her about my trip and she was reminiscing her own trip there a decade ago. Yesterday my phone starts blowing up with text messages/Voicemails from my cousin, Aunt etc. to call immediately. I then got the news that my Mom had a heart attack a few hours prior and had passed.. she was only 69, I was stunned, I still am, it's difficult to process everything and I feel such a void as I used to talk to her and my Dad weekly.
Ahhhhhhh i am so sorry k374....

I am happy you had a chance to talk to her again before it happend......

Old 02-03-2018, 06:06 PM

23 posts, read 8,210 times
Truly sorry, It so devastating. Sending good vibes for you and your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning