U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 08:32 AM

3,291 posts, read 1,393,587 times

Advertisements

Omg I am so sorry for your loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 09:06 AM

1,728 posts, read 708,037 times
So sorry 😟

“Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.”

–Vicki Harrison

Old 02-12-2018, 09:31 AM

4,711 posts, read 5,907,361 times
I'm very sorry for your loss. I have prayed for God to strengthen you. Reach out to Him, He is there.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:54 AM

2,981 posts, read 1,287,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
My husband died suddenly in front of my eyes. I tried but could not revive him and by the time the ambulance came, he was gone. He was in his late 50s. He was a loving husband and hardworking businessman. He was excited about our future together.

I am lost, broken and so full of despair I cant breathe. I can't imagine life without him. We were so happy and completely in love and devoted to each other. I hate facing the world without him.

Friends and family have surrounded me. They are doing their best to help me and I'm grateful for them. But there isn't really anything they can do. They keep telling me that I am strong, and everything will be okay. But they are wrong. It's not going to be okay. I am not strong. Not at all.

The pain of going through life without my husband is more than I can bear.
So very sorry for your tremendous loss. My husband is 10 years older than me and should he pass before me (god willing he will outlive ME)...I would be lost. It keeps me up at night sometimes, worrying about it.

Get your strength, grieve as long as you need to. Remember him and live every day fully in his light and memory.

Lots of folks here that have experience going thru this life change.

Healing thoughts and good vibes to you.....

Old 02-12-2018, 11:15 AM

3,961 posts, read 1,096,742 times
the devastation and hollowness you feel will take a long time to heal. This happens to all of us eventually. Keep God and family and friends in your life, that's where comfort comes from. You have my deepest sympathy, don't give in to despair.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:14 PM

25,611 posts, read 16,479,156 times
I'm so very sorry. I lost my husband when he was 43 so I know some of what you are going through.

I heard all the same stuff, and thought "I have no other options but to go through it", there was nothing strong about me, though from the outside I'm sure it looked that way.

It's horrible, it feels like part of your soul is missing.

Nothing anyone can say will take away your pain. After a decade, I can tell you the pain does lessen.

All I can advise is to treat yourself well, and keep your friends and family around.

Feel free to DM if you ever feel the need.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum (on loan)

Old 02-12-2018, 04:13 PM

938 posts, read 549,422 times
I feel so sorry for you. The loss of a spouse is the most devastating event anyone can suffer. I lost my husband three years ago on Christmas day. You will probably be in a deep fog for several months so don't make any major decisions for awhile. I couldn't think straight for a long time. This is normal. Be sure to check in with your doctor so he knows to keep an eye on you, so to speak. When my doctor found out I was a recent widow, he wanted to see me at least once a month to make sure I wasn't slipping from grief caused depression into clinical depression. I never did need to take meds but he kept a close watch on me.

Come here often to share your grief. We are great listeners on this forum. You will find nothing but love, sympathy, and sharing here.

Old 02-12-2018, 04:38 PM

444 posts, read 431,564 times
So very sorry. You are stronger than you know. Draw on that strength. Remind yourself
of all the good times you shared.

If it helps, tell us about him. Like someone else said we are good listeners here. ((Hugs))

Old 02-12-2018, 06:29 PM

1,077 posts, read 592,269 times
Omg I am so sorry. I have a much older boyfriend and I do worry about him. I can't imagine him not being in my life.

I feel for you. Stay strong.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:14 PM

2,091 posts, read 1,026,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
Butterflyfish -- I am very sorry that this happened. It is very hard, all I can do is reach out across the miles and send a gentle hug. You will get through this, and you only need to do this one day at a time. There are people for you to talk to, both in person [maybe a local grief support group], maybe friends or loved ones, maybe someone you cross paths with every now and then....I am here if you would like to talk, and there are many kind people on these forums who also will. God bless you and keep you strong. -- Hollyhock
Thank you for the hug, HollyhockGarden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or