U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 09:39 AM

21,434 posts, read 18,150,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomputer View Post

I resented the care my husband had so much. It added to my grief. I am still torn about this part of my own story. Its hard to forgive.
I have such a story of my own and I have gone from thinking hospices were wonderful, to I wouldn't take a dog there. At least the one my husband was in for 2 1/2 days before he died. It did indeed add to my grief. Hard to forget too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2018, 02:11 PM

285 posts, read 74,792 times
How does one delete a Thread once the discussion is finished? The Edit function doesn't seem to work, and I can't contact the Moderator per feedback for this issue. Thanks!

Old 04-14-2018, 04:40 PM

16,483 posts, read 15,923,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezku View Post
How does one delete a Thread once the discussion is finished? The Edit function doesn't seem to work, and I can't contact the Moderator per feedback for this issue. Thanks!
I do not believe that you can delete a thread, but, I think that you can request a Moderator to close a thread that you have started.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:21 PM

5,706 posts, read 12,821,195 times
So sorry for your loss. My husband passed 10 months ago from cancer. He was diagnosed and passed in 1.5 months. I lost my best friend and the love of my life. I believe the cancer and chemo causes the hallucinating. His last two days went between total lucidity and hallucinating. He was not on pain meds as they were treating him for infection. Although he only had two chemo treatments, the second one caused tumor lysis which basically caused the cancer to go throughout his body. This was a recurrence of cancer from 10 years before. He was in ICU and they provided comfort care as the cancer had a poor prognosis, his heart was only working at 10% and his bladder was shedding. I am thankful for the doctors and nurses who gave him a peaceful passing.

Old 04-14-2018, 10:49 PM

my condolences for your loss. it leaves a void where your unique relationship with your beloved is really hard to imagine can happen again.

Old 04-14-2018, 10:56 PM

my sweetheart was a wonderful man. so many memories. i agree it's important to remember what a great thing it is to have experienced them in your life. when i met him he was a Buddhist, and went out of his way to care about others, making friends wherever he went. he encouraged heartfelt connections and could be silly as well as serious. amazing person, introducing me to new ways of thinking and doing. we can honor our loved ones by continuing what they bring out in us and what have wanted us to be able to continue with them.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:34 AM

912 posts, read 130,776 times
I am so sorry for your loss also Ellwood

Old 04-19-2018, 11:32 PM

22,706 posts, read 21,760,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I have such a story of my own and I have gone from thinking hospices were wonderful, to I wouldn't take a dog there. At least the one my husband was in for 2 1/2 days before he died. It did indeed add to my grief. Hard to forget too.
I'm so sorry. My hospice experience was wonderful. Mom didn't appreciate it because her brain was 80% dead. My nephew I were there for most of the week that she was. Her family doc visited daily, and the retired pastor from her church only misses one day.

Don't tell anyone, but we popped a bottle of Champagne and a couple of nice craft beers in her her room.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:41 AM

1,727 posts, read 702,077 times
I am sorry for your loss. My DH suffered from hallucinations over a week before he died of cancer - it was caused by elevated levels of calcium in the blood, which was caused by the cancer. In some ways I am glad he did not know he was facing death as it really scared him, although he did regain lucidity enough to discuss and agree with a DNR. That made it easier on me as the staff was pressing me to sign it.

I also had a good experience with Hospice (in our home) although it lasted only 24 hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or