U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 11:55 AM

5,186 posts, read 2,339,212 times

Advertisements

If I may interject a recommended documentary...called " an honest death". It follows a Palliative Doctor(masahiro tanaka) during his months prior to his final breath. It brought to the surface the reality of how when one who was once the healer.. be comes the afflicted. How very much I could identify. As my mother (an RN)for years 'tendered' to the afflicted...and many a tear did she shed when all was done. Then when it was her time to chose such care. .it was I that had to hold her hand...and be there. Anyways the documentary may be shot in a country with different life values...but ultimately (like most of us do...) his wife held on to hope far longer then his body could sustain. The staff at the care facility were so respectful of the families wishes....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 08:49 PM

3,095 posts, read 3,316,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
If I may interject a recommended documentary...called " an honest death". It follows a Palliative Doctor(masahiro tanaka) during his months prior to his final breath. It brought to the surface the reality of how when one who was once the healer.. be comes the afflicted. How very much I could identify. As my mother (an RN)for years 'tendered' to the afflicted...and many a tear did she shed when all was done. Then when it was her time to chose such care. .it was I that had to hold her hand...and be there. Anyways the documentary may be shot in a country with different life values...but ultimately (like most of us do...) his wife held on to hope far longer then his body could sustain. The staff at the care facility were so respectful of the families wishes....
I would like to see that film. Do you know where it may be available?

Old Today, 07:06 AM

25,272 posts, read 60,617,679 times
My mother had in home hospice for over a month. It was not the same people every time. Some were wonderful, caring and helpful. Some did a good job but they were cold and distant. Some were rude. The worst was beyond rude, They were just a terrible person resentful, hated their job, hated us, we were afraid to leave her alone with mom because we thought she might hurt mom. We finally had to tell her to get out of the house or we were calling the police.

I think it is like pretty much everything. There are good people and bad people.

Old Today, 08:20 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,059,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDogToday View Post
I would like to see that film. Do you know where it may be available?
It's available on YouTube.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or