U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 01:14 PM

2,302 posts, read 1,025,552 times

Advertisements

My mom still missed and cried after her own mother until she died. I never met my grandmother she died 4 years before I was born. If my mom cried for her for 3 plus decades... that tells me that I will never get over losing her. ever.

i was born december 26, my grandma died december 29... she said it made it a little better since i was her pride and joy...

RIP mommy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 10:35 PM

764 posts, read 40,634 times
I am so sorry for all of your losses, I truly am.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:08 AM

20,806 posts, read 17,596,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
My mom still missed and cried after her own mother until she died. I never met my grandmother she died 4 years before I was born. If my mom cried for her for 3 plus decades... that tells me that I will never get over losing her. ever.

i was born december 26, my grandma died december 29... she said it made it a little better since i was her pride and joy...

RIP mommy.
True, Jayden. My Mom would still cry over my Nana 30 years after the fact too. It is something that will NEVER GO AWAY, we only manage to bury it, hide it, learn to live with it. BUT it is a natural circle of life process. Also that sadness is normal too. Not too many people would not love to have their Momma around for all their lives. Or Daddys too for that matter.

My mom is in my mind and heart every day of the year, not just one and as I have said earlier, I just do not let Hallmark get to me. I don't dwell on that she is not physically here, I have her with me 24/7/365. It's tough but it can be done and must be done. Everyone has to go through it.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:09 AM

Thank you, eric.

Old 05-09-2018, 04:14 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,260,594 times
I do admit getting a bit envious when I see people in their 70's bury their mom or dad. I only got 9 years; can't imagine what a joy it would be to have the option for over 70 years of just asking her how her day went...

Old 05-09-2018, 04:20 PM

20,802 posts, read 1,776,894 times
HUGS to all. I try not to concentrate on the day, & do something else.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
I do admit getting a bit envious when I see people in their 70's bury their mom or dad. I only got 9 years; can't imagine what a joy it would be to have the option for over 70 years of just asking her how her day went...
I am so sorry that you only had 9 years with your Momma, pic. I can't imagine life growing up without her. The only thing I can think of is you had those 9 years. Some children never even knew their Mom. As bad as we each individually think we have it bad or got a bum deal, there are others who have it worse. That thought helps me put my life in perspective.

Old 05-10-2018, 05:55 PM

2,092 posts, read 1,903,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
This will be the 25th Mothers Day I have been without my mother. She died 26 years ago. It has gotten better with time but the sadness and emptiness are still in there. Especially now that I am an adult orphan. I seem to be able to ignore most of the commercials on tv for most of the special days geared to selling. I don't let them bum me out. Life has proceeded as it should. I buried them, not vice versa.

OP and others whose grief is fresh, I am very sorry for your moms' passings. It will get easier if you let it, I promise.

Hugs to all.

My mom died 25 years ago. There were 4 of us kids in my family, Im the youngest. You just dont realize until she's gone, how much that she was the focus and energy. especially during the Holidays, There's a piece missing, a void there that never goes away. They were married for 39 years. Im sure it was tough for my dad, but all he worried about was us.

Old 05-12-2018, 01:21 AM

5,697 posts, read 15,121,467 times
I lost my mom 3 weeks ago. I have been kind of numb about it. I have waves of grief and then I'm just kind of numb. Today I had a wave of grief. We are settling her estate and its getting tense with my siblings.

My first thought was to call my mom. I mean how ridiculous is that? We are settling her estate you would think that would be a reminder. Its just I have always been the buffer between my siblings. I'd always call mom and say, do you know what your other kids are doing? It was kind of a joke but it was nice to vent to her. Mom and I could always talk about things.

Old 05-12-2018, 07:54 AM

I'm very sorry to hear about your mom, fallingwater. 26 years and I still have the urge to call Mom sometimes. l don't think that urge will ever go away completely. It's only 3 weeks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or