U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 09:40 AM

21,433 posts, read 18,150,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockie View Post
Grief hits me every day my husband died on 6/27/18 of cancer..How do you get through the nights..Hard vry Hard not sleeping!!!
I had posted a little suggestion yesterday. vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Keeping the tv on with the volume low helped me finally fall asleep at night, Sockie. I still do that 50% of the time. I find "Forensic Files " to be a good show to fall asleep to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
My husband has been gone for seven months. I recently started to go to several new doctors. I circled both M (married) and W (widow/widower) on the forms.
Lol, germaine, I never thought of that! I wonder if that makes people scratch their heads?

WyoNewk, thank you for sharing. It's "nice" to hear someone else admit they screwed up bigtime after the death of their spouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 08:17 AM

421 posts, read 885,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So, how do people deal with intense grief and emotional pain if it lasts for many months or years? I was so distracted for just one month that I was fearful I might lose my job.

The world seems to have no patience or mercy for this sort of thing.

Take anti-depressants. You may have to be on them for a few years. They just make the pain subside quite a bit. I've done it and happy I did.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:29 PM

15,669 posts, read 18,217,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
Take anti-depressants. You may have to be on them for a few years. They just make the pain subside quite a bit. I've done it and happy I did.
Yes, I need to remember that for the future.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Yes, I need to remember that for the future.
In the future, if need be, I recommend St. John's Wart, a natural anti-depressant. If you don't want to do a prescription drug.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:16 PM

22,706 posts, read 21,760,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
Those pills don't like me. I felt worse.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Those pills don't like me. I felt worse.
I was on a different one that made me feel worse too. Fortunately the next one worked for me but I know some people who have to try a few before the doc finds the right one. That is why I recommend the natural alternative. Just remember to tell the doctor and anesthesiologist if you ever do take St. John's. My doctor told me that.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:03 PM

22,706 posts, read 21,760,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I was on a different one that made me feel worse too. Fortunately the next one worked for me but I know some people who have to try a few before the doc finds the right one. That is why I recommend the natural alternative. Just remember to tell the doctor and anesthesiologist if you ever do take St. John's. My doctor told me that.
I said Enough! after three.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or