U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 10:38 AM

34,561 posts, read 42,724,437 times

Advertisements

Isn’t it a shame that it takes a death to bring family together? Perhaps you could be pro active, OP, and make a family Facebook page for everyone to stay connected.

Both my sister, and sister in law, died last year, and they were the lifelines to the rest of the family for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 11:36 AM

4,483 posts, read 7,535,028 times
^ So true. gentlearts, so since last year, did YOU start up a FB page or anything to keep in touch w/ your relatives?

I have a FB account, but I'm rarely on it as it is & have like 30 friends & only 1 is a family member. I never see him either, except to say the occasional Happy Birthday in which he says "thanks cousin" & that's it.

A couple of relatives I saw at that burial at sea were people I only saw 3 yrs ago because of my dad's funeral. Otherwise, I wouldn't have sen them then either. My mom brought up the other day to her sister that they should get together. I hope they go through w/ it & that it wasn't just talk.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:41 AM

4,445 posts, read 5,171,064 times
My high school girlfriend lost her dad and favorite uncle within the same month, she committed suicide not long after that. I feel for daughters but will never understand why she did that when she had her adult children and at least one good friend, if not many more.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:56 PM

4,483 posts, read 7,535,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
My high school girlfriend lost her dad and favorite uncle within the same month, she committed suicide not long after that. I feel for daughters but will never understand why she did that when she had her adult children and at least one good friend, if not many more.
That's sad. She obviously wasn't a happy person nor seemed too strong to begin w/. If others' deaths are going to push another person over the edge to commit suicide, that's a weak person. I've never really had friends my ENTIRE life...just 1 a couple of separate times throughout my life. Friends & others shouldn't define our contentment. We have to make the best of life for ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or