U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 07:48 AM

1,367 posts, read 670,658 times

Advertisements

That is a long time that you struggled while he was alive. My mom lived only a few months after her last stroke. But I think about PTSD because I am always replaying the scenes in my head where she was screaming while being bathed, or having a cath put in, etc. Probably more from the realization of what was happening to her, than physical pain.

I replay everything - the moment of her stroke, her last moments that she knew who I was and she touched my face (she could not speak), to the end when I don't think she knew who I was. As she was slipping away, she pulled her hand away when I tried to hold it, so maybe she didn't know it was me? That makes me sad, too, her thinking I was not there for her in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning