U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 11:07 AM

5,450 posts, read 782,208 times

Advertisements

NOT your fault!

Killing himself was his choice and his choice alone. Yes, there can be motivating factors, but "fights' between people who love each other happen 'all the time', and I know that he knew that you loved him! You could not have written as you did and not love him, and people almost always know when they are loved -- and especially married couples.

PLEASE try to find comfort in this and STOP BLAMING YOURSELF!!

P.S. His alcoholism was not your fault, either, and neither was the fact that you were suffering financially. I don't mean any disrespect to him by saying that, but he was simply not strong enough for whatever reason (and there might very well have been MANY reasons) to overcome his problems. That is NOT a reflection on you. I just hope that you will find the strength to go on, and that you will have as good and happy a life as you possible can. Wish I could give you a hug in person, and I hope that you have someone that can give you the love and support you need right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM

1,282 posts, read 2,883,812 times
In Nov. of 2017, I lost my husband of 18 years to depression/suicide.

Please see if your city has any support groups. I got involved with a "Survivors after Suicide" group which met weekly for two months and now I go to their drop-in groups occasionally. About six months later, I joined a "young widows" group as I really needed to connect with others who have lost their life partner.

Both groups have been invaluable.

Hugs to you.

Old Today, 02:05 AM

21,841 posts, read 18,433,586 times
I am very sorry for your loss, atina. (((hugs)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or