U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:50 AM

2,377 posts, read 2,132,346 times

Advertisements

So sorry. A lot of losses in a short time can make things more difficult. My pets passed just before my husband did (3 of them in as many months). The pets all going so close together was hard. The dogs were old, the cat wasn't. Hubby wanted to get another dog right away but I basically said no. With his health declining, trips to the hosp and being gone too much and my having to drive back and forth to tend to dogs I was opposed to it (We lived extremely rural and it was quite a drive to the hosp) so, in order to have a pet, we got a kitten.

Now I have the cat and it considers me mama but it's pretty close to the cat from hell, lol. Very anti social barn cat kitten. Never socialized so.. it's not the easiest cat to have but, she's company.

I had to move shortly after my husband passed as my entire foundation split in half and now I have to deal with deciding what to do with that house and recoup some $$. My son in law decided he needed to move my daughter and grandkids back to his home state 1000 miles away the day AFTER I bought my new house... closer to them. That's another story (and this is all within a few months of losing my husband.)

For myself, I found that I held up pretty well throughout most of it but have had a rough patch the past 2 months or so. The stress of it I think.... the annv of his death which was a week before our anniversary which was right before the holidays, etc. Doing better now tho.

Anyway, the point was, suffering several losses close together can def make things tougher. But this too, passes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or