U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 04:19 PM

567 posts, read 428,629 times

Advertisements

You don't need mediums. The signs of visitations and messages are always there if you are open to them.

Old 02-03-2019, 04:59 PM

1,496 posts, read 767,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
You don't need mediums. The signs of visitations and messages are always there if you are open to them.
It has been a few years and no real signs that I can decipher. They say our loved ones visit us in dreams. I have only dreamed of my mother once since her death, yet am consumed by her loss. Why no dreams?

Does that mean she is at peace?

Old 02-03-2019, 09:01 PM

38,886 posts, read 19,969,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I went to a medium after my Mom's death in 2012. She had fallen and died very suddenly from a brain bleed, and I just wanted to hear that she hadn't been scared and/or that she was OK.
Avalon, my mom fell and had a brain bleed (actually she fell because she had a stroke). She said if she had passed she would not have known a thing. She doesn't remember anything.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:26 AM

22,520 posts, read 18,979,285 times
My mother has been dead almost 28 years and I don't "hear" from her very often anymore but two nights ago I dreamt we were together and she was hugging me. I don't remember the words that were spoken but I sure remember the hug. Maybe it IS because I am settled with everyone dying that they do not need to "visit" me much anymore. Dad comes, hubby comes once in a while to what seems to me, lift my spirits.

I don't need to consult a medium because my Faith gives me the knowledge of what happens in death that I choose to believe in. Whether it's my subconscious creating these dreams or not, I am at ease with all my loved ones having passed. It is not for us to delve into the other side imo.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:13 PM

24,229 posts, read 23,228,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
My mother has been dead almost 28 years and I don't "hear" from her very often anymore but two nights ago I dreamt we were together and she was hugging me. I don't remember the words that were spoken but I sure remember the hug. Maybe it IS because I am settled with everyone dying that they do not need to "visit" me much anymore. Dad comes, hubby comes once in a while to what seems to me, lift my spirits.

I don't need to consult a medium because my Faith gives me the knowledge of what happens in death that I choose to believe in. Whether it's my subconscious creating these dreams or not, I am at ease with all my loved ones having passed. It is not for us to delve into the other side imo.
I'm happy for you. I can almost feel that hug. I heard from mom less than a year after she died. In the dream, we shared a hospital room. The bed was comfortable, sun shining outside, we were both drowsy, and she started complaining about what was on the TV. That's how I knew it was her.

My brain may have conjured the entire thing, but it was good enough for me.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:13 PM

20,948 posts, read 13,779,207 times
Well I’ve been thinking about people receiving visions of welcoming relatives as they are dying, and I hope my mother saw her long dead mother and my dad welcoming her as she was dying. As I was drifting between sleep and wakefulness, I imagined my mother coming for me, and the image I had was my mother wagging her finger at me and scolding me. Woke me all the way up in a hurry!

If that was a message from my mother, I can do without!

Old 02-07-2019, 08:20 PM

17,499 posts, read 53,251,527 times
Moderator comment.

I've been hesitant to step in, but before the thread gets to a point where it has to be closed, I'll state this:

Many religions posit the existence of an afterlife.

Most of us understand that to deny or denigrate that afterlife is an affront to those who follow a religion and a supposition of coming from a superior knowledge - without complete honest proof positive of those beliefs.

NONE of us know what occurs after death with complete certainty. Religions might SAY that certain things are fact, atheists might SAY that certain things are fact, but I have yet to experience anyone willing to go there, take a poll, get that proof positive needed to support their position, and return to this forum incarnate to report to us all here and now.

I will say that from my extensive reading, it appears to me that SOME skeptics, such as Randi, were too invested in ego to be believable. I will also say that SOME who claim to have communication with thse in the afterlife are charlatans and do not.

All of the above said, I remind posters to READ the rules of this forum and be respectful of various beliefs. If you have any idea that you have superior knowledge that must be imposed upon others, then I can assure you that you do not.

You may state what you have experienced, you may state what you have read, you may state what you think to be correct... BUT... only in a manner that is respectful and compassionate towards others - no matter how off the mark you think their beliefs might be.

This is not a religion forum, this is not an atheist forum, this is not a debate forum. This is a forum that exists to help those who grieve or mourn. If you understand that and are willing to do so, please participate. If you don't, there are other forums to frequent.

Thank you.

Old 04-14-2019, 04:07 PM

6,053 posts, read 8,880,779 times
My adult daughter and I got tickets to see Tyler Henry in Phoenix last Friday. It was an audience of about 2000 people and we were in the second to last row, way in the back. In fact, you had to see him on the jumbo screen to see him.

I had no reason for going, really. In fact, I was a skeptic, big time. I thought there were "plants" in the audience and really didn't pay attention. But then... Tyler started getting an older lady, more than 100 years old, coming through. A cheerful, friendly person, with the name "Evelyn". YIKES. We jumped out of our seats and went to the mikes. It was my mom who died in 2012 at age 102. She wanted us to know it was ok no one was there when she passed. And the funeral was pretty empty too. But she had had many other celebrations (every birthday a big event at the senior club where she was prez). Cakes and hats and entertainment. And also, she is fine. I was amazed and speechless.

I stood there with my mouth hanging open, on the big jumbo screen, with everyone watching us ! What a night !

Old Today, 11:39 AM

17,499 posts, read 53,251,527 times
I am regretfully locking the thread. In reviewing the various posts, the majority were not helpful to people in mourning, and the tendency to debate was too strong, resulting in my having to make a mass delete. Please take further posts on the subject to the paranormal forum.

So that folks have a general idea of why the mass delete - Imagine that you have a strong belief in a specific religion that has at its core a "revelation" or other paranormal event, taken as fact. You would find it rude and even cruel if, while you were grieving, people came up to you and debated how wrong your religion was.

People who have belief in other paranormal events deserve a similar respect while grieving. What happens at bars or other forums or other places and times of debate is not my concern here. The posts that remain are ones of personal experience and simple direct answer to the OP question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.