U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 02:38 PM

7,428 posts, read 6,908,089 times

Advertisements

Anderson has been on TV, and there are reviews by skeptics. He seems to use the cold reading technique like all the other mediums, salesmen, brokers, and other professionals who are skilled at prying information out of their clients. The reviews on Amazon are of his books on his views of the afterlife, and should not be taken as a testimonial to his effectiveness as a medium, real or fake.

Last edited by lchoro; 02-03-2019 at 03:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 05:59 PM

1,459 posts, read 718,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
You don't need mediums. The signs of visitations and messages are always there if you are open to them.
It has been a few years and no real signs that I can decipher. They say our loved ones visit us in dreams. I have only dreamed of my mother once since her death, yet am consumed by her loss. Why no dreams?

Does that mean she is at peace?

Old 02-03-2019, 10:01 PM

38,494 posts, read 19,599,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I went to a medium after my Mom's death in 2012. She had fallen and died very suddenly from a brain bleed, and I just wanted to hear that she hadn't been scared and/or that she was OK.
Avalon, my mom fell and had a brain bleed (actually she fell because she had a stroke). She said if she had passed she would not have known a thing. She doesn't remember anything.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:24 AM

437 posts, read 903,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Anderson has been on TV, and there are reviews by skeptics. He seems to use the cold reading technique like all the other mediums, salesmen, brokers, and other professionals who are skilled at prying information out of their clients. The reviews on Amazon are of his books on his views of the afterlife, and should not be taken as a testimonial to his effectiveness as a medium, real or fake.

Anyone can be a skeptic. Unless they have had a reading by Mr. Anderson they can shove their skepticism up where the sun don't shine. I've had a reading in person by Mr. Anderson with about 12 other people and he went round the room and one by one, asking people only to say yes or no, contacted everyone's loved ones with 100% accuracy, providing names, and in one case congratulated one person on their recent promotion even though the man said he came right from work and hadn't told his wife yet.

Best job in the world: be a skeptic. No qualifications.

Old 02-04-2019, 11:51 AM

25,540 posts, read 60,984,152 times
A good medium is really rare. Not too many people like it it to be rare, but that is just how it is. Regardless whether they are just a medium or a rare good medium, their presentation is almost always well done.

Old 02-04-2019, 12:23 PM

20,886 posts, read 21,055,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
You don't need mediums. The signs of visitations and messages are always there if you are open to them.
agree, it's always cheaper to eliminate the middle man

Old 02-04-2019, 06:15 PM

20,183 posts, read 13,247,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
agree, it's always cheaper to eliminate the middle man
How about some examples, or perhaps tips on what to look for.

My mom passed in 2013. What should I have been looking for these past few years?

Old 02-05-2019, 07:43 PM

1,459 posts, read 718,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
How about some examples, or perhaps tips on what to look for.

My mom passed in 2013. What should I have been looking for these past few years?
Yes, what signs??? Does that mean they are at peace if we don't hear anything from them? Or are we still too deep in grief to be receptive?

Old 02-06-2019, 09:26 AM

22,120 posts, read 18,656,525 times
My mother has been dead almost 28 years and I don't "hear" from her very often anymore but two nights ago I dreamt we were together and she was hugging me. I don't remember the words that were spoken but I sure remember the hug. Maybe it IS because I am settled with everyone dying that they do not need to "visit" me much anymore. Dad comes, hubby comes once in a while to what seems to me, lift my spirits.

I don't need to consult a medium because my Faith gives me the knowledge of what happens in death that I choose to believe in. Whether it's my subconscious creating these dreams or not, I am at ease with all my loved ones having passed. It is not for us to delve into the other side imo.

Old 02-06-2019, 04:14 PM

225 posts, read 70,648 times
So far people out there have offered mediums lots of money up to a million dollars to prove that they have paranormal powers, but no one was able to prove it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...the_paranormal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning