Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2019, 02:50 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times

Advertisements

Still feeling better. TG.

I took my friend down to the parrot rescue yesterday to get one of their parrots' talons clipped. I've taken my boys there too but I never ventured beyond the front until yesterday. Holy cow! SO MANY birds! Poor babies. I have never seen or been near a Macaw. O M G, I did not know what HUGE birds they are! Shame on people who trade in them. They should be out in the Rainforest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2019, 10:57 AM

Hello, hello! I have been hanging around, mostly just posting about TV. I have been voraciously reading books. I had been reading a book in 24 hours last week and the week before. Now I am reading a HUGE novel. I read and read and read and still don't get very far into chapters! Yesterday I even took my tablet with me to my dealership for work on a recall and read there too!!

Nothing much going on, TG. My health is doing okay. Gads, my man-eating Lovebird got me again! My right hand this time! My hand wasn't even IN the cage! She opened up the door, stuck her head out and bit away! You should have heard me! Besides swearing every cuss word I know, I threatened her life. My fault though. I have a pair of leather gloves that I bought specifically for her but haven't been wearing them lately because she has been slower than me. Until that day. I opened up the big cage door and I beat her with an empty glove! I chased her butt all over the cage! Lol, poor Whitey was clinging to a side of the cage just watching. I put the fear of Mommy in Blue, at least for a few days. She wouldn't even come near the dishes when I was filling them. She's back to normal now but I have my hand in the glove also. I yell at her and give the cage a swipe but it doesn't phase her. My poor hands.....I never even got these many scars on them when I worked for 16 years with 500° heat each and every day.

Hagd everyone.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:33 AM

23,587 posts, read 70,358,767 times
I had a parakeet as a kid for a brief time. It kept biting enough that it got "gifted" to neighbors who were (at the time) bird lovers. Not sure if they remained so. My original plan had been to teach the 'keet to say "Tweet" and "Twitter." Instead, it taught me to say "ouch!", string invectives together, and appreciate cats more.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
I had a parakeet as a kid for a brief time. It kept biting enough that it got "gifted" to neighbors who were (at the time) bird lovers. Not sure if they remained so. My original plan had been to teach the 'keet to say "Tweet" and "Twitter." Instead, it taught me to say "ouch!", string invectives together, and appreciate cats more.
There's already a cat in the household. I have NEVER had a bird attack and not stop! Two bee, my parrot, used to nip but only once. I have learned....have my glove(s) on. Then there is no .

Old 03-24-2019, 06:24 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,968,471 times
I have had budgies for a long time, although right now, none. I mostly got them from breeders and only would buy one at a time.

All of them were calm and hand trained and I taught them to talk, except for one, Lulu. She was a biter from day one until the day she passed. I could never figure out why she was like that, so I just talked to her and let her be. She bit me a few times when I would try to bring her out of the cage, boy, did that hurt!

Old 03-25-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiLover View Post
I have had budgies for a long time, although right now, none. I mostly got them from breeders and only would buy one at a time.

All of them were calm and hand trained and I taught them to talk, except for one, Lulu. She was a biter from day one until the day she passed. I could never figure out why she was like that, so I just talked to her and let her be. She bit me a few times when I would try to bring her out of the cage, boy, did that hurt!
Oh, don't I know how much that hurts! IDK what went wrong with Blue. I used to be able to handle her when she was a baby. I've had them since they were 2 months old. All I can figure out is when she went into her first season of being fertile, she determined I was a rival for Whitie's attention. Now she will bite anyone she can. Whitie used to be good but now he bites too. So they never are let out of their cage. It's a nice big one so that is not a problem, unless it was me being a captive. That's too bad too because I used to love having them out.

Old 03-31-2019, 11:22 AM

I have been pretty busy reading a trilogy of the show The Passage. The show just grabbed me and when I found out it was based on a trilogy of books, I had to buy them. I have been doing a lot of reading of different books and authors recently. Tv is boring me no end the past month.

I took some time off from reading today to clean up my tablet. When I first got into computers, I checked my email every day, sometimes a few times a day but now I don't care. I let them pile up into the thousands and more.

It's too bad we don't have a heated pool. The weather has been so spectacular the past couple of weeks, the pool sure looks good but too cold. I like using it when the kids aren't.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:38 AM

Oh boy, I have an appointment with a dentist today. I am a nervous wreck. I haven't been to a dentist since the '80s. I am petrified of them because of bad experiences. I have to do this though. My insurance covers only $1,000 and this is gonna be way more than that. I'm hoping he will take $200 a month for payment. I would rather give my money to a private dentist rather than a chain like Aspen. I hope he accepts my offer of payment. It would be so nice to be able to go again. I forget about what my teeth look like and do go and then feel embarrassed. I used to have such beautiful teeth. My daughter always wished she had inherited my teeth. People used to comment on them....."Pepsodent smile!" they used to say.

If this dude accepts my offer and he can't save my top teeth, I will have to go around for a year before my insurance gets another 1K on it. Ugh, being toothless for a year!!!!

My mother must be rolling over in her grave. She took such good care of my teeth. Sorry, Mom.

Old 04-24-2019, 01:38 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,378,180 times
The dentist and the gynecologist.....my two favorite doctors......NOT!

Most dentists are more than happy to take a payment plan. Good luck at your appointment and let us know how it turns out.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:33 AM

Thanks, janellen. I am one step closer. I had a great appointment at the dentist's Wednesday. I have never had so much checking out of teeth before! They did a check that had not been invented yet last time I went. Some light thing they check your mouth for signs of cancer. I was so relieved to get a clean bill from that because I don't even stop smoking with having teeth pulled. Whew.

I was referred to an Oral Surgeon. I have an appointment this coming Wednesday for a consult. I am debating on novocaine or being sedated. I can't make up my mind. I probably won't until I am in the office.

Plus, I am now debating on implants or dentures. I know implants are way expensive but I could swing it in a year or year and a half if I can get them to work with me. I can save/spend $600 a month on them. I have heard of implants since they came out but had the wrong idea as to what they are. That's why I never considered them. Now that I looked it up, I am interested.
I bought a dental discount policy yesterday in addition to my insurance. Insurance is a flat $1,000 a year, this discount plan is every time I go to the dentist. 20-76% off different procedures. No waiting for it to kick in. It was effective immediately upon payment last night. The Oral Surgeon is on this plan.

Will report back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning