U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 07:46 AM

21,838 posts, read 18,433,586 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone! Brrrr....it's 45° here! Much too cold for SWFL! Nothern Fl was expecting frost this morning though. Not good for all our critters. Oh my goodness, gerania, doesn't that always figure about something going wrong at exactly the wrong time? Glad you got your furnace up and running!

Good to see you, shh. I am sorry about your hubby. Welcome to the club nobody wants to be a part of. We won't bite. We BETTER NOT bite! I never learned your lesson....I have always been a dependent woman. I have always been taken care of. I was an only child and then taken care of by my husband(s). I'm still not on my own, I depend on my friend for a roof over my head. At least I am surviving.

This is nice....a place to come to say hi to people! It really has made my morning. Thank you to everyone who is making me realize it's not a flop!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2018, 09:15 AM

1,891 posts, read 655,631 times
Live for the living but at the same time mourn the dead.
Life goes on
That is all

Old 12-12-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Live for the living but at the same time mourn the dead.
Life goes on
That is all
Indeed.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:51 AM

23,233 posts, read 22,240,356 times
I had a great day. I did almost nothing. I bought a few things at stores near the house. One of them was a deli sandwich which I ate for dinner. I washed that down with a beer, then fell asleep for a couple of hours. It was long overdue. I hadn't slept well or long enough for days.

Old 12-13-2018, 02:49 PM

Good afternoon! Just got home. It's 76° here.

Sounds like a good way to do things, gerania. I just had a steak, cheese and onion sub. Lol, washed it down with milk. I'm a milk baby. 🥛There aren't too many places around here that can make one of those subs to taste like what I am used to. Fortunately my friend has found a couple of places but it's a bit of a drive to get there. So, nice day, had the windows down in my car, took a drive. Yum, yum.

Got those thingies you put on your car frame to keep the rain out when you crack a window. I tried to get them when I first bought the car but it was too new and there were none out on the market yet. At least that was what all the auto parts stores told me and then I promptly forgot about it. After going through our last rainy season I finally thought of them yesterday. Ordered them, they came today. The nice guy at the store put them on for me. I think they make a car look better, actually. So I am a happy little camper.

Did what little Christmas shopping I wanted to do Tuesday night on Amazon. Just little things for 3 people. Last year my gf mentioned she wanted to air dry stuff in the oven so I got her a Copper Clad oven fryer thing. It's never been out of the garage or box. Money and good thoughts wasted. So this year she has mentioned a couple of times that now she can have toothpicks again. She had to stop using them because of the Dementia cousin that was living here. Cousin is dead now, so things can be restored. I bought a nice toothpick holder for her counter.

Got her daughter who has thick, curly hair like me a brush I bought myself a few months ago. I LOVE that thing! So I ordered one for Heather. I hope it works as well for her as it does me.

Got her son, who lives next door, a grooming brush for his two new dogs. His old dog died a few months ago and he got a couple of semi-pups.

Wth, cost me less for thinking of them than it did the two pair of real gold snuggy earrings I bought today. My jewelry wardrobe is complete now. I think I said how I have a real hard time with jewelry and my hands because of my MS. I don't intend on taking stuff off and putting on very much, if at all.

To those posting in other threads, I do read them and take them to heart but am not replying to most especially when I have posted to so many others with the same experience. I sometimes don't want to go down the same road. I hope you understand. I hurt for each and every one of you. 😥

Old 12-14-2018, 10:29 AM

Good almost afternoon! 72° under totally cloudy skies. Supposed to get a heck of a rain storm later this evening, Guess getting clipped by the huge storm that is going across the country again.

I plan on doing nada today. I have jury duty Monday. I have to leave around 6:30 to get there by 8. I have been called many times in Mass but always was cancelled due to snow except once and then I even made it into the court room! Then it was pleaded out. Florida won't take me, I have things that make me a partial juror. Cop fiancé killed on duty by a hit and run drunk driver. Not juror material.

HAGD everyone.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:58 PM

5,064 posts, read 2,282,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I intentionally sought out new friends in my little town — people who did not know my wife. It was part of my healing experience because I was “the poor guy whose wife died” to our friends. I needed to be just me and not the grief poster child that I was becoming. I still had grief issues but these new friends were allowing me to be grief-free (for lack of a better term) for a few hours without guilt. I didn’t avoid old friends but learned that I could make new friends as an individual rather than a couple. Eleven years later I still have the friends - old and new, plus a bunch more after I moved 1000 miles.
Certainly regard your Avenue of integrating the old with the new.
The difference is.. you integrated.
I give much leniency when friends need to venture in new directions...it's healing.
Thank you for enriching a person by giving what worked for you. This thread seems to need that feedback.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Thank you for enriching a person by giving what worked for you. This thread seems to need that feedback.
What do you mean by this, Nov.? What would you like to see more of?

Old 12-14-2018, 09:52 PM

23,233 posts, read 22,240,356 times
Seventies? I was happy that it was in the 40s today. Oh, that's only going to last until Sunday, and then it gets really cold. I know it's the north, but I can always hope.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Seventies? I was happy that it was in the 40s today. Oh, that's only going to last until Sunday, and then it gets really cold. I know it's the north, but I can always hope.
Lol, Gerania! I love to do that and hear a response like yours! I used to do the same as you. It's 73° right now but going down again Monday. I used to think the mid-Atlantic had it even better than us up in Mass. We had such down pouring of rain and lightning last night! We haven't had that in months. It was nice and fresh/earthy smelling this morning. I always like the morning after a storm. Even the sky looks fresher to me.

I was out on the lanai feeding "Rocky" the racoon, watching a juvenile Crane try and keep distance between it and Mom, Mom trying to keep distance between her and Poppa Crane. He's being frisky.

Anywho, have a great day everyone. May you all have a peaceful day.

Last edited by tamiznluv; 12-15-2018 at 01:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or