U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 12:24 PM

35,244 posts, read 43,457,349 times

Advertisements

Good luck with your thread, tami.

I’m not, fortunately, a member of the widows club, but if I were, I know one of my biggest challenges would be not having anyone to talk to. I’m naturally rather blabby, and have friends and kids, but I would be afraid of giving them, “compassion fatigue”, and being too needy.

I knew Cyn from way back when she was healthy and happy, so I feel ok in giving her my $.02 every so often, but I really hold back because I haven’t walked in her shoes.

Anyway, here’s my 2 cents for you. I agree with the poster who thought you should move to a place that you enjoy more. Strive to give yourself more joy. Life is so short.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 01:44 PM

21,854 posts, read 18,443,310 times
Hi, gentlearts! I had to edit my last post....guess being happy and chatty is a no-no here. Yes, I used to see you when cyn's hubby was still alive, if you want to call it that. That woman has gone through the wringer and what she is dealing with now is so un-fair. I sure hope she can beat this.

Thank you for stopping in and posting. Being a widow(er) is NOT a requirement! At least to me. We all know someone who has lost a loved one, even our pets!! Oh, don't get me started on pets going over the rainbow bridge! Ugh.

Old 12-17-2018, 01:02 AM

23,253 posts, read 22,257,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hi, gentlearts! I had to edit my last post....guess being happy and chatty is a no-no here. Yes, I used to see you when cyn's hubby was still alive, if you want to call it that. That woman has gone through the wringer and what she is dealing with now is so un-fair. I sure hope she can beat this.

Thank you for stopping in and posting. Being a widow(er) is NOT a requirement! At least to me. We all know someone who has lost a loved one, even our pets!! Oh, don't get me started on pets going over the rainbow bridge! Ugh.
That's what this is supposed to be for. Funny is funny. A rainbow is still a beautiful rainbow even if the rest of the day is a total disaster. I try to find one good thing to be thankful for every day.

This evening, the Eagles won. Yay! Fly Eagles Fly, On the road to victory... or whatever. My son and I ate cheesteakes while we watched the game. He's here some weekends. I'm not from Philly, but sometimes I wear that.

I'm also a Steelers fan. I'm from Pennsylvania; what do you expect? The Steelers still have more Super Bowl rings than any other team.

Interests in this and that get me through the day. I read a lot, and I don't mean here. It's nothing heavy, but just things which interest me.

Did I mention that the Eagles won tonight?

Old 12-17-2018, 04:30 AM

Lol, pluck them birds and roast 'em!! Steelers are okay, I loved Terri Bradshaw but I was not happy yesterday when Rothlesberger beat us. We penalized ourselves out of the game.

I woke up at 4:40 and since I planned on getting up at 5, I just stayed up. Good thing I did! My alarm didn't go off! IDK what the penalty for not showing up for jury duty is but I am glad I don't need to find out.

Everyone kept telling me they doubted I would get called, my number was 446. Guess what??? They called up to 564. So off I go. Damn, it's 49 and pitch black.

See you guys later!

Old 12-17-2018, 07:31 AM

35,244 posts, read 43,457,349 times
I know nothing about Football, but I’m happy for the Ohioans that the Browns won.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:10 PM

What a day! I got to the parking garage for the courthouse at 7:05! I went in at 7:30 listened to them and watched a couple of dvds. Then wait. 9 o'clock break time 'till 9:15....wait. I fell asleep for a few minutes! 10:40 they called 55 names and I was not one of them. Got out at 11, back home at noon. Had lunch, took a nice nap.

Called the service department of my dealership and reported they did not fix my oil light from going on and off when I took the car in on the 12th. Girl told me to bring it right in if I could. Freshened up and drove down. Good thing I complained and she wanted it in because it was my oil pressure sensor. I could have seized my engine. Of course they would have had to given me another car because they didn't fix it last week! But my baby is okay now.

Have a good night everyone.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Lol, pluck them birds and roast 'em!! Steelers are okay, I loved Terri Bradshaw but I was not happy yesterday when Rothlesberger beat us. We penalized ourselves out of the game.

I woke up at 4:40 and since I planned on getting up at 5, I just stayed up. Good thing I did! My alarm didn't go off! IDK what the penalty for not showing up for jury duty is but I am glad I don't need to find out.

Everyone kept telling me they doubted I would get called, my number was 446. Guess what??? They called up to 564. So off I go. Damn, it's 49 and pitch black.

See you guys later!
I think it's a 10 a ten yard penalty.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I know nothing about Football, but Im happy for the Ohioans that the Browns won.
I'm always rooting for the Browns! One of these years...

Old 12-18-2018, 12:09 AM

I hate driving in the dark, especially in the morning. How did it go?

Old 12-18-2018, 10:05 AM

424 posts, read 893,965 times
Quote:
I realized I really don't want to gab in the day by day thread, it is basically cyn's thread and what with HER health problems I decided today I wanted to make a thread for men and women who are widowed but doing better.

I am not totally depressed all the time, do sometimes want to share little things I do or feel but have no place to talk about them. I am sure there might be others out there who may feel the same way? If not, oh well, I will talk to myself.
try www.grieving.com forums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or