U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 01:18 AM

23,304 posts, read 22,306,495 times

Advertisements

^^^ I'm going through the clothes in my closet and getting rid of things because they no longer fit. I wore the same size, give or take, for decades. Not any more. I was extremely thin (frighteningly so) for a couple of years and now I'm too fat. I can get the pants on, most of them, but I can't zip them all of the way up. This is new territory for me. I don't like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 02:03 AM

21,879 posts, read 18,469,113 times
Oh, wouldn't I love to have 2-3 stiff drinks a day! Unfortunately I used to have many more than 3, for many years and I screwed up my liver. Then I cut down to just during the Holidays but my doctor advised me not to even do that. So I haven't had a drink in 3 years. When I went out to the store Wednesday, I was bound and determined to buy some Hood eggnog and a bottle of brandy. It wasn't until I pulled into the driveway that I remembered. So I just sighed and went into the stupid house. Rats!

Old 12-21-2018, 11:09 AM

My goodness! The traffic out there at 9 a.m. was wicked! All the people who heeded the advice to stay home yesterday came out in droves this morning! I had to go to the bank.

7.1" total yesterday. Spitting off and on today. Windy? Dorothy and Toto windy. The wind is making it feel cold. It's 62 but the wind is making it feel like 56. Brrrr.

I bought myself an Amazon Echo, Wednesday night. It is arriving today. It was a very good deal and I couldn't resist another piece of technology. I got it to listen to music the lazy way...just tell Alexa to play it! Now we will have 3 Alexas in this small house, I wonder how many times we are going to have screw-ups? IDK if you can get voice recognition on them. I will find out. Hey, wth, I might as well have some fun before I croak, right?

Old 12-21-2018, 12:16 PM

35,309 posts, read 43,524,832 times
It’s windy in GA, too. Our shutters are banging back and forth. It rained, then the sun came out, then the wind picked up, repeat.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:30 PM

Mmmmmm, the smell of baking cookies. My gf is baking. I'm trying to be good.

Old 12-21-2018, 01:38 PM

19,737 posts, read 4,144,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Its windy in GA, too. Our shutters are banging back and forth. It rained, then the sun came out, then the wind picked up, repeat.

Doing exactly the same here...we are also to get snow mixed with rain...wind is crazy!

Old 12-22-2018, 01:08 PM

Grrrr, trying to set up my Echo. Alexa keeps telling me the wifi won't connect.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:15 PM

7,963 posts, read 17,734,704 times
At least one thing I like about Dallas is the mild winters. 62 degrees on the second day of Winter is alright with me.

(And yes, I think this thread is a good idea. Thank you! )

Old 12-23-2018, 01:19 AM

23,304 posts, read 22,306,495 times
Oh my gosh, it was in the 50s here the other day. It's usually considered a bit crazy if it goes up to the 40s.

I'm watching my son's cat for the weekend while he's away. She's not shy about letting me know that I'm a poor excuse of a caretaker.

Old 12-23-2018, 07:19 AM

Good morning. 44 but I still have a window open a crack. "Refreshing". I usually wake up, make a cup of coffee and go sit out on the lanai and watch life wake up but this morning it's a tad too chilly so I am spending time with you guys!

Hi, welcome and thank you Zen. Hmmm, I would like to find me some too.

Never got my Echo and Alexa working yesterday. I will unplug the TV later and see if that works. If not, call Xfinity tomorrow. I contacted Echo's customer service and they promptly called me in the 5 minutes I asked for. It was only 4:30 p.m. est and the call came from Washington, state, I think, area code 206, but damn if it wasn't an Indian, Pakistani or something like that. If the call was recorded, tptb really should note I spent 3/4 of the time saying "whaaat?" and him having to repeat what he said. Why oh why, do we Americans have to put up with having to strain our brains trying to understand an accent when we are already stressed out over a problem? I have been so angry over that for years. ~end rant~

How's your kittysitting going, G? Lol, the cat here after two years is finally starting to come into my room and make himself comfy on my bed. I don't mind, I love cats. It feels good to feel him up against my body when we nap in the afternoons.

Oh my, my gf is having a hard time with letting son's gf take over some of the cooking for special occasions. Gf and a couple of her kids moved in with him the past couple of weeks. Trish, the gf, told Linda, the mother, last night that she is cooking a spiral ham for Christmas Eve get together. Linda went ballistic on ME!!! She ranted and raved for a good 10 minutes. I just sat there and listened with my eyes closed rocking away in my little lanai rocker I have out there. Then when the son came over she laid into him. The son calmly said "the more to eat, Mom, no probs." She **** after that. Trish decided on a ham because she knows we can't eat ham/pork over here because of Linda's bf, a Muslim, so she thought that would be a nice "present" for us in addition to the real presents. I goofed when Linda, the mother, first yelled out about Trish's plan, I said "oh goody!" Ooops, wrong thing to say. I didn't know what Linda had planned! She had bought sliced turkey and roast beef and rolls for sandwiches and had planned on making potato salad. Oh well, I will gladly eat the ham!

HAGD everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or