U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 07:26 PM

21,975 posts, read 18,549,872 times

Advertisements

Hi, John. Ugh, I hate Tracphone. I bought a ZTE Max Pro phone from MetroPCS over 2 years ago for $100 and have the $30 a month unlimited talk, text, data plan. I think it's a 4LTE but am thinking about paying $10 more a month and boost that to 10LTE, or whatever it's called. I have had no problems with Metro. I guess they are part of T-Mobile now but still separate. They are having a big sale on now. I went to MetroPCS and went to the phone store. Lots of deals!

Good luck.

Last edited by tamiznluv; 12-29-2018 at 07:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 09:24 AM

1,297 posts, read 1,287,298 times
Good morning everyone, where is everyone?

Old 12-31-2018, 10:51 AM

Good morning, shh. I am here, just got on. I have been outside on the lanai having my coffee, smokes and yakking with Linda since 8 a.m. She's been gossiping about her son and his gf. He and both his boys are already SO sick and tired of the gf and the couple of kids she dragged with her that were not invited to move into the house. 2 is better than the last time they tried this living together though. The woman has 7 kids!!! Last time she brought 4 of them with her. Ben has 3 of them himself that he is/was raising. They were all adolescents back then. It was a disaster. Now they are all late teens, early 20s but one of here's refuses to work. One of Ben's is married and out of the houseI with two kids, one is a hs senior planning on going to med school, one is getting his real estate license next week. Plus he works as a waiter at a country club and brings home generally $450 a week in wages AND $750+ a week in tips!! No word of a lie!!!

IDK what it is about this woman.....yes, I do, she puts up with the guy. He is a very hard man to live with and she is a sugar mamma. He has been spoiled by his mother all his life and the gf, Trish, just continues the cycle. They both complain about each other when they come over separately. Lol, gives Linda and I food to gossip about!

I am ordering Chinese food for tonight. IDK how, when or why Chinese on New Year's Eve is a tradition but everyone I have ever known in all the various places I have lived, all do it. I was brought up doing it! It's just a no-brainer to me for tonight. Back when Earl was alive, if we waited until 5,6 o'clock to call and order, every year it was a 2 hour wait. We finally learned to eat earlier or nuke it. I am gonna nuke it tonight. Call it in around 3,4 o'clock. I am going to order a dinner of egg fu yung and rice with a small order of boneless bbq spareribs. Yum, yum, yum. My belly is already grumbling just thinking about it!

I read yesterday that Amazon's Echo was the biggest selling present in the World this year!!! Alexa had a meltdown Christmas morning because so many people around the World hooked into her!! Can you imagine the money Amazon made???? Billions!!! Unbelievable.

While I was out yesterday I went to the Goodwill and bought a little lamp for my room. Hurricane style or rather old fashioned style for when they used gas, kerosene. They had a couple of big beautiful ones but my space is so limited that I bought a smaller sized, white base and chimney one. Electrified of course. $7.99. I bought a 40w bulb at Wally-World. I definitely have to say last night was the very first night I really felt I was "home". I have been living with light from ceilingfans for 3 years and I got tired of the glare or sitting in the dark with just my TV for light. It felt/looked so cozy in my room last night!!! Even Jim and Linda mentioned that. Wow, I can't think of a single thing I need to make my room any more "my world". Amazing how one little thing can change every thing about your psyche.

Have a great New Year's Eve tonight, everyone. If you go out, be super careful. Most everyone here is either staying home or staying at the place where the party is being held. The 3 old farts, Jim, Linda and I are staying home. IDK if they will watch the ball in Times Square or not, I rarely watch that anymore. I will be watching my crime channel ID. They are showing previews of all their new shows coming on in January. I bought a bottle of Mexican Mudslide yesterday. I put it in the refrigerator to chill. So I will chill later with my Chinese, my Mexican and crime and have a great safe night, Lord willing.

See you guys next year!!!!

Last edited by tamiznluv; 12-31-2018 at 11:05 AM..

Old 12-31-2018, 02:05 PM

1,297 posts, read 1,287,298 times
Just another boring day here. Paid all the bills and did the dishes.

My roommate is moving in April so I need to find a new roomate. Grrr... Tomorrow I'm go to sweep and mop. I really need to get a life.

Old 12-31-2018, 03:53 PM
Status: ""I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam." -- Popeye" (set 1 day ago)

5,539 posts, read 3,140,810 times
It has been snowing here this morning and wasn’t supposed to start until tomorrow. Traffic is snarled. I needed to go to the bank — forget that.

Old 12-31-2018, 04:02 PM

1,079 posts, read 644,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
John, some people use the free VOIP phone number from Google as their main line. Ooma is also popular. Having a second phone number can be important, to give to doctors and credit card companies and merchants or others that may require one.

PagePlusCellular has cheap limited use plans.

I used to be tied to phones, with managers calling at all hours, and then tech support for my programs with customers doing the same. These days I rarely use voice phone, and my VOIP line is set up to fake that any incoming call is being forwarded to a random Swede. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cted/86236504/ Let the spammers and scammers enjoy.

To limit such calls on a cell phone, ask for a phone number in a lightly populated state, like Wyoming. Scammers try to fake LOCAL numbers, so a glance at the number is a giveaway - and, low population areas are not as good pickins for scammers than places like Florida or New York, so there are fewer calls to begin with.

Wow! Harry, that's brilliant! Thanks for the tip.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:26 AM

Good afternoon everyone. Happy 2019. SOS different year. I used to so love New Year's. Now I feel it's just another step closer to the grave. Ha-ha, aren't I a bundle of joy today??

I still can't get used to fireworks on New Year's Eve. Only the bigger cities in Massachusetts had fireworks on New Year's Eve. At least they quieted down by 12:20, not like in friggin Texas where they went on until after 4 a.m.

I found out that I really don't want to drink anymore. I had a hard time getting it down. I never did finish my last cup and poured it down the sink this morning. I will bring what is left in my bottle over to Ben when he gets home from work.

I even fouled up the night's schedule for my crime shows. It is later this afternoon ID starts their previews. So I watched re-runs because it's been so long, I didn't remember the endings. I fell asleep before 1. I woke up at 8 and was the first one up! That doesn't happen too often. Only the birds were awake with me. Even the cat was still sound asleep.

I am headed for a nappy-poo right now. My birds are taking one so I will join them.

HAGD.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:43 AM

8,212 posts, read 7,011,451 times
Did not do anything on New Years Eve. One reason is to many amatuers out and heavy police patrols. Did not stop me when younger, but it does now. I always buy a bottle of Champagne and I am never up at Midnight to drink it. Later today I will be cooking a traditional Southern New Year's Day meal of collard greens and black eyed peas with most any optional meat but generally pork one way or another. The meal is supposed to be bring wealth in the New Year. The black eyed peas represent coins and the collard greens represent paper money. A Southern thing.

I have heard some say Pork Chop and Sauerkraut is a lucky New Year meal.

Fireworks legal, here but I heard less last night than prior New Year Eves. Usually my cat flips out when fireworks happen, but not last night.

I will use the Champagne to make Mimosa's (OJ and Champagne) later this afternoon.

Some years back I took an early morning flight from Chicago to LA. I was in First Class (company money) and was drinking free Mimosa's all the way. When I got to LA the rental gal at the counter asked if I had been drinking? I said I had a few Mimosa's. She called her manager over and said they would not rent me a car as they considered me impaired. I went to the men's room, washed my face, combed my hair and brushed my teeth. I went to another rent a car company and got a car........LOL

Cloudy and in the low 70's here today. Lows 60's rest of the week. Golf weather for me.

Last edited by johngolf; 01-01-2019 at 11:52 AM..

Old 01-01-2019, 10:23 PM

1,079 posts, read 644,986 times
It was world war III at my house last night. All the drunk idiots running out at midnight to shoot off their guns. They're so stupid, they don't stop to think what goes up must come down.....at 300 mph. My dogs all headed for under the bed. People say California has strict gun laws.....coulda fooled me. Anyway, I'm glad the holidays are over and we can all get back to normal boredom.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:17 AM

17,097 posts, read 52,216,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
It was world war III at my house last night. All the drunk idiots running out at midnight to shoot off their guns. They're so stupid, they don't stop to think what goes up must come down.....at 300 mph. My dogs all headed for under the bed. People say California has strict gun laws.....coulda fooled me. Anyway, I'm glad the holidays are over and we can all get back to normal boredom.
Best to be indoors or under the bed, however the physics and ballistics vary enough that downward velocity is unpredictable but usually lower than that: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-kill-you.html

I didn't notice any fireworks here, compared to years past. In rural AL, ammo is much more likely to be used in target practice, as fireworks are legal and most understand gun safety on at least a rudimentary level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or