Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2021, 05:50 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,053,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
This may be a bit off topic, but has anyone gone to a psychic medium after the passing of a loved one? (For those who believe)
I did, it was a completely cold reading (at a psychic fair) - he didn't even know my name. I was amazed at what he came up with. It was very comforting.

Old 07-28-2021, 02:15 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I did, it was a completely cold reading (at a psychic fair) - he didn't even know my name. I was amazed at what he came up with. It was very comforting.
That's great! Mine was too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2021, 06:33 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
I was a Spiritualist for over 15 years, so I definitely believe there is a spirit world and these things which everyone is describing are real. Unfortunately, I have come to believe that there is a part of us which registers absolutely everything we do, say, and experience. Some people call it the Hall of Records or the Akashic Record and the religious probably refer to it as St Peter's Book of Life which he looks into at the Pearly Gates to see if we get to go into Heaven - or not.

Anyway, if there is such a thing, then I also believe that some people (such as mediums) can pull out events, people, and circumstances from our 'Book of Life' and give them back to us in readings. If you like to call it this - they are reading our aura or energy fields.

Now, this is still something amazing, but to call it proof of the next world like the Spiritualists do, maybe a bit of a stretch and might be why I am no longer a Spiritualist.

However, I do believe there is a Spirit World, and I do believe we live on after physical death. I just dont know whether contact happens like everyone believes it does when they go to a medium.

Old 09-08-2021, 01:08 PM

16,082 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Off topic a bit -- but a couple years after my wife passed, my only daughter went to New Orleans with some friends. While there, on a lark, they decided to get their palms read by a psychic. They figured it would be fun. I was 800 miles away and not involved. The psychic, reading her palm, told my daughter that I would never remarry and that I would move to New Mexico. That was very odd that somehow my future popped into his head while talking to my daughter. I am now single at 73 and living in New Mexico and have no interest in remarrying. I had been thinking about a move west, either Colorado or New Mexico, but did not move until several years later. Some years before I had discussed this with my wife before she died.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:31 AM

270 posts, read 210,869 times
I'm Buddhist so I don't know if this has something to do with what I experienced. When my mom passed away, I was eating while thinking about planning for her funeral. I didn't eat much because I heard voices and ceremonial music. Happy people talking and singing in the ceremony. I looked around to find out where these voices and sounds came from. Nowhere. I told my dad, he said that's because*mom is in a happy*place and only the one connected strongly to her can hear.* So only me and my youngest sister heard the music because only us 2 took care of her until she died.* About 1 month later, dad, my sis, and I were in the car on the*freeway. My sis was driving and suddenly 5 doves flew in front of the car flying low, leading the car to drive slower. My sis and I were telling them to fly higher and away . We don't want to hit them. It happened for 2 minutes and afterward they all flew up following the leader. We thought that*was weird.

Old 09-11-2021, 03:32 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
I had a couple nurse friends thru the years …one .. a co- workers wife
She said she use to be an atheist.. as her parents were
But she saw too many times …. Her patients
“ having visits†right before they pass .. in the hospital rooms
When she first witnessed … mostly older patients with cancer … she thought they
We’re just being delusional…. Softly talking to someone they think is there .. or watching there
Face light up .., and holding out an outstretched arm
After witnessing this … she started to ask a couple questions to those that could still
Answer …who they were talking to .. and she would tell a family member that came to visit
“ Millie†came for a visit ( the patient said). And the names were always parents or siblings … or a lost spouse ..always ..
The nurse would also ask “where†do you remember this person from … and the answers
Would be very random .. often 1000’s of miles away
And 100% of the time it was where one of them lived
After a while she could no longer brush away as lucky coincidences

The other nurse friend worked in a rehab/ nursing home. And had many stories of visitors
She said she could “feelâ€. Energies in the room
Even when the patient was sleeping
She has some great stories but she is also a self proclaimed
Spiritualist …

The first nurse was an atheist … did not believe and did not want to
But was proven by too many “ happenings “

Old 09-11-2021, 06:30 AM

900 posts, read 685,652 times
That is a wonderful account, Mainebrokerman.

Old 09-29-2021, 01:40 PM

2,100 posts, read 1,046,225 times
My father was a flight instructor in WWII. We had a lot of photos of him flying in a Cub airplane. I used to love to look at those photos, my Dad was 52 when he died and I was 16. I was a Daddy's girl. After his death and until now even (I'm 62 now) he has taken me up in that plane a hundred times. He let me fly the plane as far as operating the stick to pull the plane up and let me do the landing. It was always the VERY same recurring dream and I still have it. Since that started, I am addicted to Airplane movies and can even predict what pilots will do at times. I've seen the inside of an airplane and I've flown one and I don't care who says I'm nuts. I did it and Ive done it a LOT through the years with my Dad.

Old 09-29-2021, 01:54 PM

2,100 posts, read 1,046,225 times
My grandmother was 97 when she passed. She died of natural causes and during the transition, when hospice was at our home with her, they explained almost exactly what we should expect at impending death. She said they would recall very old memories, talk about them, light up like a Christmas Tree and exclaim of pure peace and beauty beyond anything we know. They talk through their lives and at the very end they always know who is there to greet them.

My grandmother had a daughter, a pair of twins (my Mom and Uncle) and a younger daughter who died when she was 3 from Appendicitis. Her husband (named Horace) died before I was born so I never knew either of them.

The day my grandmother died she had been talking about horses and buggies, going to town, missing her baby (who passed away) and her siblings. She was no longer being fed, she was just on comfort measures. She had not eaten in 3-4 days and had been lying down the entire time. All of a sudden she sat straight up in her bed, her arms out and she whispered "Oh my God...it is SO gorgeous here and the peace it is wonderful. It's so beautiful here" and she squinted her eyes and said "here comes Horace and my Baby !!! "

Since then, I have not been afraid to die. She was not a catholic, nor a Baptist, she was a Christian. She was a good, honest woman and led a good life. She was united with her small child that she grieved for for over 60 years. There is definitely a heaven and Jesus and beauty and peace. AND your loved ones that have passed before you. Thank you Jesus. I hope this story was inspirational to some of you and helps your grief because it is true.

Old 09-29-2021, 06:31 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsamillion View Post
My grandmother was 97 when she passed. She died of natural causes and during the transition, when hospice was at our home with her, they explained almost exactly what we should expect at impending death. She said they would recall very old memories, talk about them, light up like a Christmas Tree and exclaim of pure peace and beauty beyond anything we know. They talk through their lives and at the very end they always know who is there to greet them.

My grandmother had a daughter, a pair of twins (my Mom and Uncle) and a younger daughter who died when she was 3 from Appendicitis. Her husband (named Horace) died before I was born so I never knew either of them.

The day my grandmother died she had been talking about horses and buggies, going to town, missing her baby (who passed away) and her siblings. She was no longer being fed, she was just on comfort measures. She had not eaten in 3-4 days and had been lying down the entire time. All of a sudden she sat straight up in her bed, her arms out and she whispered "Oh my God...it is SO gorgeous here and the peace it is wonderful. It's so beautiful here" and she squinted her eyes and said "here comes Horace and my Baby !!! "

Since then, I have not been afraid to die. She was not a catholic, nor a Baptist, she was a Christian. She was a good, honest woman and led a good life. She was united with her small child that she grieved for for over 60 years. There is definitely a heaven and Jesus and beauty and peace. AND your loved ones that have passed before you. Thank you Jesus. I hope this story was inspirational to some of you and helps your grief because it is true.
Thank you for sharing
I believe this also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning