U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 09:22 PM

42,837 posts, read 77,111,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
Eh? When did you think I was "green", and what context are we talkin' bout here willis?
Save my pants after I **** off my neighbors after waiting a month before I actually DO my grass that is.
Well, I thought you were in the early 20s know-it-all stage, but based on one post I figured you must be at least 30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 09:32 PM

1,293 posts, read 2,844,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, I thought you were in the early 20s know-it-all stage, but based on one post I figured you must be at least 30.
35, but mentally, about prepubescent, and still liking it that way.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
35, but mentally, about prepubescent, and still liking it that way.
That goes without saying... you're a man, arentcha ya...?!

Old 06-18-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
That goes without saying... you're a man, arentcha ya...?!
Ya, we're honest about it at least.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:39 PM

314 posts, read 634,947 times
Keep the fun car, work hard on the kids and let the rest flow around you. I love my fun car and it is VERY theraputic for me.

Enjoy the days-12 years is a long time to wait for life to happen again. Amazing what we begin to accept as normal. Good luck to you

Old 06-18-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Ya, we're honest about it at least.
I suppose you have some point. My own "maturity" in some areas astonishes me, too...

Old 06-18-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
I suppose you have some point. My own "maturity" in some areas astonishes me, too...
Difference between men and women:

Women lie to themselves to lie to others.
Men lie to others and only believe the lies themselves because they have to repeat them so often to women.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Difference between men and women:

Women lie to themselves to lie to others.
Men lie to others and only believe the lies themselves because they have to repeat them so often to women.
Lying is generally too exhausting. Hard to remember... That's why I also find cheating exhausting and wonder where the hell people find the energy for that!

Old 06-19-2009, 12:00 PM

48,891 posts, read 39,381,014 times
Quote:
I don't know about the bolded part... , but it certainly worked wonders on the facade! Of course, I can think of much more enjoyable exercise than torturing oneself in a gym, but sometimes this can be a case of who comes first (the chicken or the egg), I suppose...
Yeah, I agree with your exercise program.
However, back when I started exercising I wasn't prepared to have an *ahem* workout partner.

I don't know, exercise just helps be deal with stress, anger, whatever....in a positive fashion. It also helps me get dates and good quality ones at that.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:15 PM

1,461 posts, read 4,098,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ok, my wife of >12 years passed from cancer after a long illness and I have 2 kids around the age of 10 and I'm in my later 30's.I wasn't sure where to even put this topic but I'm just looking for some general advice or maybe just a conversation from people that have seen this before about what this new uncharted territory brings.Sorry for being so general but just looking for some people that have been in or seen similar circumstances that might have some thoughtful comments or advice that I could weigh. (Kids are probably my main focus but I'm open to hearing anything related to this type of situation...)
Thankyou.
This post really got to me...I am a big kid advocate..love them and for you and your two children to lose your wife and Mom at such a young age is absolutely heartbreaking. I am truly sorry for your loss.

I was married the first time for 11 years...it was a bad marriage so I ended up alone with my son; I was 31 years old. It was a tough "do-over" for me being a single Mom, but you just put your nose to the grindstone and do what you have to for your child...in your case children. I don't think being a single Dad is so much different other than perhaps you finding out that there are some things your wife did for the kids that you were not aware of..all kinds of new things to discover about them I am sure. I think about the most difficult thing for me was worrying about my son from the time he left school until he got home at 2:30. I had to work until 5:00 and had no one to watch out for him. He was pretty young, 12 years old and ended up being a latchkey kid. Very scary.

I did date after this break up as I am sure you will in time. It took me a while to get back into the dating scene because I had a trust issue with men in general. I remarried when my son was 21 years old...yup, stayed alone basically for 9 years. My second husband was my 7th grade sweetheart..amazing. We were crazy about each other. I was now 41 years old. We married in September of 1991 and June 1992, he had a major heart attack. He lived for 5 months and in November 1992, he died at home with his final BIG heart attack. He was the love of my life. Again, I stayed alone for another 8 years..I was so very sad. I met my present husband at work and we became friends first. It is so much better to shop around and find your best friend first...trust me on that one.

So...that is that. I have been kicked in the butt more times than I can count on my ten fingers and ten toes but somehow have managed to get back up fighting. Last year, I had open heart surgery for an aneurysm that could have burst and could have taken my life. I was blessed to have it discovered by my outstanding primary care physician and am here again today to continue to pick myself up, brush myself off and start all over again.

I know you have heard this probably a thousand times over but take it from someone who knows about emotional pain...you can do this. Keep your beloved wife in your heart and love her all the same for the rest of your life but know that the heart is an incredible thing. No matter how much pain and suffering you have endured, there will always be one little spot left for someone new to come into. God Bless and good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning