U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 02:12 PM

21,700 posts, read 18,352,259 times

Advertisements

Congratulations, mathguy! That is woderful news. I'm so happy for you.

That is so good to hear that you are keeping the grandparents involved in your and your children's life. There's nothing better than everyone liking each other. You are a good man. Does your intended have any children herself? I'm also glad to hear you are keeping your late wife alive in your children's hearts. I hope with age your little one will come to grips with her grief.

God Bless you and yours,
tami
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 05:13 PM

1,895 posts, read 4,060,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ok, my wife of >12 years passed from cancer after a long illness and I have 2 kids around the age of 10 and I'm in my later 30's.

I wasn't sure where to even put this topic but I'm just looking for some general advice or maybe just a conversation from people that have seen this before about what this new uncharted territory brings.

Sorry for being so general but just looking for some people that have been in or seen similar circumstances that might have some thoughtful comments or advice that I could weigh. (Kids are probably my main focus but I'm open to hearing anything related to this type of situation...)

Thankyou.
2 BIGGIES:

1. Get your kids grief counseling and/or therapy. THEY NEED IT.

2. After the "mourning period," however long that is, remarry & give them a stepmother. Children need a mother. Select with care, but do select someone who is loving and will love them.

OOPS! Didn't read all the replies before I posted. Congrats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning