Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2021, 02:35 PM

15,631 posts, read 26,117,738 times

Advertisements

That cute little house that I looked at — my stars the road noise no way. But my real estate agent back there is good, she has worked with people buying homes over the Internet, and she has FaceTime so I can actually really view the home. And she’s picky.

The road noise made it almost on instantly a no and she said let’s go look anyway, get this over with like a get to know you. The upstairs was pretty, the kitchen was a gut, the basement was turned into a game room, probably originally, because they used real tongue and groove knotty pine. There was a second bathroom with just a shower, no bathtub in the basement, also a third bedroom. They could not market it as a third bedroom because there is no egress from it — there’s rules about that. So she pointed out that there was water damage on all the knotty pine everywhere. Somewhere something is tragically wrong. Built walls in the middle of a house where there should be no water, should not have water damage. Especially in an area that has no water around it to cause flooding. The laundry area was in the breezeway that connects the garage to the house which would have been put on a slab and not part of the basement at all.

Anyway, I am getting more ready to do this now, which may or may not be kind of stupid because I’m gonna have to travel across country in November which means you know weather and I haven’t driven in snow in 40 years.

But it is bringing up some very strong emotions. I am having a lot of teary times. And I actually took off my little not-wedding ring. I am no longer wearing a band on my finger. I am just kind of done with that. Which is also causing some emotions. I don’t want to feel like I’m leaving him behind, but he kind of forced my hand by dying.

But I’ll be OK, that’s part of the journey.

Old 09-18-2021, 03:34 PM

67,666 posts, read 60,249,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
That cute little house that I looked at — my stars the road noise no way. But my real estate agent back there is good, she has worked with people buying homes over the Internet, and she has FaceTime so I can actually really view the home. And she’s picky.

The road noise made it almost on instantly a no and she said let’s go look anyway, get this over with like a get to know you. The upstairs was pretty, the kitchen was a gut, the basement was turned into a game room, probably originally, because they used real tongue and groove knotty pine. There was a second bathroom with just a shower, no bathtub in the basement, also a third bedroom. They could not market it as a third bedroom because there is no egress from it — there’s rules about that. So she pointed out that there was water damage on all the knotty pine everywhere. Somewhere something is tragically wrong. Built walls in the middle of a house where there should be no water, should not have water damage. Especially in an area that has no water around it to cause flooding. The laundry area was in the breezeway that connects the garage to the house which would have been put on a slab and not part of the basement at all.

Anyway, I am getting more ready to do this now, which may or may not be kind of stupid because I’m gonna have to travel across country in November which means you know weather and I haven’t driven in snow in 40 years.

But it is bringing up some very strong emotions. I am having a lot of teary times. And I actually took off my little not-wedding ring. I am no longer wearing a band on my finger. I am just kind of done with that. Which is also causing some emotions. I don’t want to feel like I’m leaving him behind, but he kind of forced my hand by dying.

Yep, there's something not adding up about that house - and plus, I think you will know the house when you see it - and know when a house is NOT the house too.

Your emotions are so understandable. I've been melancholy lately. It's difficult in a way but also freeing in a way to take off the ring and move forward. A friend of mine sometimes wears her ring and sometimes doesn't but personally, I don't want to wear it or wear his wedding band, which I'd have to wear on my thumb anyway.

Anyway, I know it sounds trite but life really does go on and so do we, and we have to make our life without them. And life still holds interesting things for us, laughs, joys, pets, kids, friends, you name it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2021, 03:51 PM

48,292 posts, read 34,418,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

But it is bringing up some very strong emotions.
I am having a lot of teary times. And I actually took off my little not-wedding ring. I am no longer wearing a band on my finger. I am just kind of done with that. Which is also causing some emotions. I don’t want to feel like I’m leaving him behind, but he kind of forced my hand by dying.

Sometimes the weirdest things creep up on us. And I don't think you getting the sads right now is weird at all. You will NEVER leave him behind.

He is always with you, and he made YOU the woman you are today, so everyone who meets you, gets a little bit of him too.

I moved my rings to a chain around my neck, and after a year I stopped wearing that. There is no right or wrong way, just what you feel comfortable with.

PS: Water damage? No. Never in a million years.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning