U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-30-2012, 07:41 PM
 
Location: Tulsa, OK
2,444 posts, read 2,231,775 times
Reputation: 5848

Advertisements

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-30-2012, 08:19 PM
 
Location: Tulsa, OK
2,444 posts, read 2,231,775 times
Reputation: 5848
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I am so sorry for your loss, Jrsygrl. What a horrible experience.
To add insult to injury, his boss offered to pay for his funeral, knowing I was disabled the year before. He cashed the check from workmens comp, took off, and never paid the funeral home. Thank you for your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2012, 08:54 AM
 
Location: SWFL
21,439 posts, read 18,159,189 times
Reputation: 18824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
To add insult to injury, his boss offered to pay for his funeral, knowing I was disabled the year before. He cashed the check from workmens comp, took off, and never paid the funeral home. Thank you for your post.
OMG, what a complete snake! People like him should burn in Hell. What a tragedy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2012, 11:29 AM
 
Location: Tulsa, OK
2,444 posts, read 2,231,775 times
Reputation: 5848
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
OMG, what a complete snake! People like him should burn in Hell. What a tragedy.
Yeah. I dont know how he sleeps at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2012, 06:57 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
13,113 posts, read 17,658,319 times
Reputation: 22465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
To add insult to injury, his boss offered to pay for his funeral, knowing I was disabled the year before. He cashed the check from workmens comp, took off, and never paid the funeral home. Thank you for your post.
Just remember that there is a special place in hell for people like him .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2012, 07:02 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
13,113 posts, read 17,658,319 times
Reputation: 22465
i was 33 and my husband was out jogging and he got ran over by an elderly man who had a stroke behind the wheel and he ran over he curb and hit and killed my husband . they both died from this , my husband died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital and the old man died in his house after so much stress his heart gave out . Im sorry for them but I had 2 kids to raise and the nurse told me over the phone that my husband had died in the ambulance and could I come claim the body with the coldness of a business call . i will never forget that . But I did move on and married again but it is a different kind of love and marriage than the previous one .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2012, 07:15 PM
 
Location: Tulsa, OK
2,444 posts, read 2,231,775 times
Reputation: 5848
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
i was 33 and my husband was out jogging and he got ran over by an elderly man who had a stroke behind the wheel and he ran over he curb and hit and killed my husband . they both died from this , my husband died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital and the old man died in his house after so much stress his heart gave out . Im sorry for them but I had 2 kids to raise and the nurse told me over the phone that my husband had died in the ambulance and could I come claim the body with the coldness of a business call . i will never forget that . But I did move on and married again but it is a different kind of love and marriage than the previous one .
I have heard that same thing before, and I can understand why. Bill was the love of my life, and don't see that I will ever acheive that kind of love again. I'd settle for lets have dinner.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2012, 07:13 PM
 
Location: SWFL
21,439 posts, read 18,159,189 times
Reputation: 18824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
I have heard that same thing before, and I can understand why. Bill was the love of my life, and don't see that I will ever acheive that kind of love again. I'd settle for lets have dinner.....
Me too. I'm leaving my options open. If love comes my way again, fine, but I'm not going to look for it. If it doesn't, fine again. I am becoming more comfortable living by myself and having no one to answer to. If I want to go jump into my car and go get a frosty freeze, I can.

tngrl.......where the heck are you??? Are you okay, honey???? DM if you need to talk. I'm missing you. (((HUGS)))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2012, 09:33 PM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
22,719 posts, read 21,779,470 times
Reputation: 27774
Funny, my three best friends are guys. I met one of them on CD. Sometimes, I just need a guy in my life. I guess that sometimes they (the guys) just want a woman to walk through the house - wearing a little dress, bare feet, rustling up some dinner in a frying pan.

I like people with simple needs. I don't really need much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2012, 04:49 AM
 
Location: Olympia, WA
363 posts, read 405,645 times
Reputation: 699
Default I'm here!

Hi tami, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have decided to sell my house in an attempt to buy a house on the private road behind me. This has included clearing my house out of all the clutter. I am changing my "decor".....country/lodge.....and had a lot of stuff. Since I was taking it all out to the garage, I decided to have a garage sale. I have gone through my DH's tons of tools and equipment. I have been giving away and selling and it has been quite an undertaking. This Saturday is my garage sale. I am so ready to get the garage back into shape so I can park my car in it!!

I read CD everyday but have not taken the time to post, until this morning.

I am still here, a little worn out, but plugging along. Hope all is well with you and everyone else. I promise to get back into the CD swing of things. Of course, then, if the house sells, I will be back at the moving process. I have lots of offer of help from my "adopted" family.....who would be my neighbors if I get this other house.....how great is that? They invited me over last night for a 4th of July BBQ....it was wonderful. I know I am making the right decision by trying to buy that house. I know God will work things out how they are supposed to be. If my house doesn't sell, and the other house sells first, I will stay here and redo some stuff in the house to make it mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top