Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 10:25 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

Sometimes a story gets in your head.

We can't often not think about it.

Sometimes to a fault.

This is one of those times.

I wish you the best, sincerely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 10:37 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I'm so sorry Hang in there and know we are all thinking of you. And you and Mark are in my prayers.
I'd rep you if I could. Thanks for typing his name. It's nice to see it.

I also want to give a shout out to the nurse that was on that night. I can't remember her name. Cathy? It was a surreal night. Any way, that woman brought me heated blankets; set me up in an easy chair; didn't care that I was using my cell phone to play his favorite songs (cell-phone use in a no no in trauma ICU). She showed up every 45-min with pain meds at my request. She, for 20 minutes, sat/knelt, at my brother's bed while holding his hand, her eyes closed, praying with/for him. She left the room when I asked when he was dying and returned when it was finished; crying. She was a true healer. If I was a theist, I'd say god bless her.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:47 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post

I also want to give a shout out to the nurse that was on that night. I can't remember her name. Cathy? It was a surreal night. Any way, that woman brought me heated blankets; set me up in an easy chair; didn't care that I was using my cell phone to play his favorite songs (cell-phone use in a no no in trauma ICU). She showed up every 45-min with pain meds at my request. She, for 20 minutes, sat/knelt, at my brother's bed while holding his hand, her eyes closed, praying with/for him. She left the room when I asked when he was dying and returned when it was finished; crying. She was a true healer. If I was a theist, I'd say god bless her.
OMG that is so sad!! What happened? Did he loose control of the bike? (you don't need to respond if you don't feel like talking about it)

Old 12-13-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
OMG that is so sad!! What happened? Did he loose control of the bike? (you don't need to respond if you don't feel like talking about it)
It's fine to ask. I really need to write it down. We have an investigation going right now. We're not exactly sure what happened. It was early in the AM and raining hard. There was a car involved, but we're not sure if it hit him. He was in a level 3 coma when I arrived with severe damage to his brain stem. He did give my mom's number at some point, so he was conscious, then. But, the stem is needed for communication between the nervous system and the brain. That's why he couldn't breathe for long on his own (7-8 hours).

Old 12-13-2009, 11:11 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
My condolences. I posted before I read all the other posts. It must be very difficult for you to deal with. I am so sorry.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-13-2009, 11:34 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:

This nurse sounds like she really found her calling in life. I'm so glad she was there for you and Mark up til the end. Did your family already have a funeral for him?

Old 12-13-2009, 11:38 PM

19,423 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:

Braunwyn, I'm so, so sorry. Please know that we are thinking of you. We don't really know you, but from your posts we feel that we do. I know you are strong and will get through this, but I hope you can feel all the support coming your way. It's only through the internet, but it's very real...

I think nurses like that really help us get through times like this. It makes all the difference in the world.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
This nurse sounds like she really found her calling in life. I'm so glad she was there for you and Mark up til the end.
Indeed she did. I will send her something at some point; once I get my house in order (inside and out). We also stayed at this place called the hubbard house in Orlando. NAHHH - Homes That Help and Heal

It's a safe place to stay for those grieving. I'm always anxious to get home, but during this mess I didn't want to be any where else.

Quote:
Did your family already have a funeral for him?
Yea. He passed Monday at 4:50am. We stay in Fl till wed taking care of police/homicide/insurance stuff. We had the viewing Friday and services Sat.

I made a life poster for my brother; wrote his obit; created his vid; wrote and delivered his eulogy/ buried on Sat. I feel like years have passed already.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:49 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Indeed she did. I will send her something at some point; once I get my house in order (inside and out). We also stayed at this place called the hubbard house in Orlando. NAHHH - Homes That Help and Heal

It's a safe place to stay for those grieving. I'm always anxious to get home, but during this mess I didn't want to be any where else.

Yea. He passed Monday at 4:50am. We stay in Fl till wed taking care of police/homicide/insurance stuff. We had the viewing Friday and services Sat.

I made a life poster for my brother; wrote his obit; created his vid; wrote and delivered his eulogy/ buried on Sat. I feel like years have passed already.
I cannot imagine how exhausted and wrung out you must feel! Please take a little down time for yourself soon and get some rest when you can. I hope it gives you some comfort to know Mark is in a place now where nothing else can ever hurt him again.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:07 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Braunwyn, I am so sorry to hear this. I too lost a brother in a motorcycle accident and miss him terribly. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning