U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 06:38 AM

3,861 posts, read 6,697,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
In the end, you learn a bit about the people around you, and about yourself. And I think that is probably more important than fussing about how people "should" be. That's a waste of time and emotional energy. Life is about what is.
Rather than take this as you telling me that my work is a "waste of time and emotional energy", (ouch ), I think I can find more common ground than you might expect.

What I do is share the experiences of those who have lost someone they loved to help others understand what helps and what hurts. The more we know, the better job we will do. As we learn about the grief of others, we are learning about the people around us, and ourselves, as you suggested.

I never claimed to be "fussing about how people 'should' be". (If I came across that way, that's my fault and I apologize.) My only aim is to offer ways to provide support for people after a death to those who want it.

At 74, I suspect you have a lot to offer. Thanks for the feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 09:45 AM

1,167 posts, read 735,753 times
...to just let me be alone. If I need someone I will seek you out and I know you will be there for me.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:05 AM

19,120 posts, read 10,544,065 times

Oddly today someone gave me rep for what i said on pg 3, and yesterday our pet past on...

Grief is a brain process for the living, to learn to accept loss. Pets teach us many things, and unconditional love is just one.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:22 AM

3,766 posts, read 3,931,574 times
So sorry about your loss, Mac_Muz

Our pets become parts of our family & the grieving is difficult as all grieving.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:53 PM

5,982 posts, read 10,549,816 times
Mac, do you know there is a Pet forum with a special section for the Rainbow Bridge where you can pay tribute to your pet that has passed? Please join the other pet owners there if you'd like.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful Rottie mix.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:23 PM

672 posts, read 942,706 times
I find myself speechless in many situations. This "Finding the Right Words" has helped me so much that I printed out a copy and have hung it on my refrigerator.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:27 PM

396 posts, read 197,029 times
Mac_Muz,

Uncondtional love is what our fur babies give us; a dear friend reminded me of this when our fur baby went acrossed the
Rainbow Bridge. It helped comfort me.

Am sorry for your loss. Prayers for comfort are being said.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:04 AM

19,120 posts, read 10,544,065 times
Sam, The dog's name was Lucy.... The white patch of fur under her is just that a white patch of fur. She was mixed with Nefie, and had just been puppy cut for this summer season when the pic was taken back in early June.

Just makin' a little correction, but now you say it I can see it...

Her sister is still here, and trying to be everyone's dog for everybody. Last evening we had a guest for a little while and Evie was floppin around like a fish. Usually Evie flops over once and lays motionless on the floor, unless food becomes a part of the equation.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:12 AM

5,982 posts, read 10,549,816 times
So sorry - I meant to type "she", I knew it - brain collapse. She just sorta looked Rottie to me - - my apologies. All that being said, I am glad you have Evie - I am sure she is a great comfort to you.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:10 PM

10,689 posts, read 14,044,662 times
Say little and don't forget the living. An empty house without a network of friends and family is still and empty house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning