Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a moderated group.

A person's a person no matter how small!

Group Created by JOJOG

This is a place for pro-lifers to network and share ideas about pro-life activism.

View All Members Showing 10 of 23 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 13 Picture(s)
There is truly nothing more precious than this!
From JOJOG
BIRTH!
From JOJOG
36 wks
From JOJOG
28 wks
From JOJOG
24 wks
From JOJOG
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 25
  1. Future Trooper
    06-03-2009 02:35 PM - permalink
    Future Trooper
    Thanks for letting me join the group!
  2. JOJOG
    01-21-2009 06:23 AM - permalink
    JOJOG
    Over 900,000 people have signed the petition to fight the Freedom of Choice Act, have you???
    www.fightfoca.com
  3. Sharon Tillman
    11-21-2008 07:54 PM - permalink
    Sharon Tillman
    to get to the petition to fight the freedom of choice act, try http://4simpsons.wordpress.com/2008/...-of-choice-act
  4. Sharon Tillman
    11-21-2008 07:29 PM - permalink
    Sharon Tillman
    www.fightfoca.com has been eliminated. Read the myspace moderator's message & weep for our nation & the helpless people among us.
  5. JOJOG
    11-20-2008 11:32 AM - permalink
    JOJOG
    [SIZE=5]OBAMA: "The first thing I'd do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That's the first thing I'd do."
    [/SIZE]
    For those that missed just why pro-lifers so much fear Barack Obama, it is the above quote! With one fail swoop of his pen, Obama will have successfully eliminated what the pro-life movement has worked so hard for since Roe V Wade! Some of you may believe in a women's so-called "right to choose," but surely you have to believe in some limitations when it comes to the practice of abortion. To learn more about the Freedom of Choice Act, read on and then sign the petition!

The aim of the Freedom of Choice Act is to eradicate common sense state and federal laws that the majority of Americans support, as well as will prevent states from enacting similar protective measures in the future. This includes:

-ELIMINATING bans on Partial Birth Abortion, a procedure that involves delivering a baby feet first, stabbing him/her in the back of the neck and suctioning out the babies brains all while the baby is alive and kicking.

-ELIMINATING requirements that women be given information about the risks of getting an abortion. I'm absolutely baffled as to why a clinic that performs medical procedures would be treated any different than any other medical facility! I couldn't even get my wisdom teeth pulled without watching a video on the risks involved, as well as without signing multiple papers stating that I understood the risks. For those of you that live in Allen County, our local abortion clinic wasn't even regulated until July 2007. One saw more regulations in a tattoo parlor- 23 pages worth to be exact, but not a single one in our abortion clinic. Why shouldn't a medical facility that administers anesthesia, dispenses drugs and performs medical procedures that involve many risks such as sepsis, uterine and bowel perforation, death, damage to internal organs, etc. on top of the many potential emotional consequences including depression, increased risks of alcohol and drug abuse, increased risk of suicide, etc., be treated like a medical facility???

-ELIMINATING the requirement that only licensed physicians can perform abortions, which again is baffling!! I don't know about you, but I would never in a million years want a non-physican performing any type of medical procedure anywhere near me, ESPECIALLY in that specific area of my body! More importantly, let us not forget why abortion was legalized in the first place, to supposedly protect women from dangerous back-alley abortions, yet here we are having to fight to keep in place requirements that real doctors perform abortions in clean and safe facilities! Ironic, I think so!

-ELIMINATING the requirement that parents must be informed and give consent to their minor daughter's abortion. WHAT??!! Can you imagine the school nurse saying to your child: "No you cannot have an aspirin for your headache, but if it's an abortion you need, give me a second to grab my coat and keys!" Or worse, imagine someone close to you has sexually assaulted your 12 year old which leads to a pregnancy. He then hides his crime by taking her to the local clinic for an abortion and you never had to know about it which will inevitably continue his abuse of your child!

-ETC, ETC, ETC......

So again, maybe you support a woman's right to an abortion, but surely you want women to be given all relevant information about the procedure as well as be protected from shoddy doctors (or non-doctors for that matter) and unclean facilities. And surely you don't want anyone else to be able to make medical decisions for your child. And surely you don't agree with a baby enduring the horrendous practice of being partially delivered and then killed. And surely......

Now go SIGN THE PETITION!

www.fightfoca.com
  6. JOJOG
    11-17-2008 09:46 AM - permalink
    JOJOG
    Sign the petition to fight the Freedom of Choice Act at www.fightfoca.com
  7. JOJOG
    11-06-2008 06:58 PM - permalink
    JOJOG
    History is unfolding before our very own eyes! I absolutely agree that it is a thrill to witness the election of our country's first African American president! I too am very excited about this and proud (though I would have much rather have seen the election of the first WOMAN Vice President!) That much I will concede, but you'll never convince me that Obama was the right man to be honored with the title of the "First African American President." If Obama is good for his word, he will keep his promise to pass the Freedom of Choice Act. This act will eliminate common sense pro-life laws and restrictions, ultimately leading to 125,000 more abortions a year. ABORTION IS RACIST!! With the fact that close to 50% of African American pregnancies already end in abortion and with the fact that African-Americans represent only 12 percent of the American population, yet account for almost 35 percent of all abortions, more African American babies than ever will be eliminated under Obama's presidency! So while we can all be proud to see this amazing event in history unfold and while we can all pat ourselves on the back for taking another giant step towards eradicating racism, we cannot deny how racist abortion is and just how pro-abortion Obama is!
  8. JOJOG
    11-06-2008 06:54 PM - permalink
    JOJOG
    Your deepest identity and truest character as a nation is revealed in the position you take towards the human person. The ultimate test of your greatness is in the way you treat every human being, but especially the weakest and most defenseless one.
  9. JOJOG
    11-05-2008 08:24 AM - permalink
    JOJOG
    I'm so heartbroken!! How did we get here?
  10. Sharon Tillman
    11-03-2008 01:31 PM - permalink
    Sharon Tillman
    we really need to pray for our country