U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Homeless Campers - How To Live - Formerly Homeless

Group Created by highdesertmutz

I am homeless, living in a travel trailer in a rv park, we lost our home in wisconsin a few years ago due to health reasons, one main provider couldn't work anymore, and we lost everything. Have you experienced similar circumstances, or are you now wondering how you're going to get by after you've lost everything? and become homeless? maybe you are camping out like we do. Want to hear your story, how you handle everyday life, how are you getting by or making it? What are you doing without? Do you know of someone who needs tips on homeless survival?

View All Members Showing 10 of 77 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 41 to 50 of 236
  1. Watchman57
    02-21-2012 09:15 AM - permalink
    Watchman57
    Unlike NW N.C. - VT. takes care of its homeless and hungry:

Our Place Drop-In Center to get $10,000 grant - Brattleboro Reformer
  2. Watchman57
    02-21-2012 08:40 AM - permalink
    Watchman57
    Greenthumber2 - Thanks hope you can help someone!
  3. Greenthumber2
    02-18-2012 07:16 AM - permalink
    Greenthumber2
    I have a few acres and a house in southeast USA. I would like to share a portion of the space with someone who is honest, hard working, skilled in at least carpentry, plumbing or just good with their hands, in exchange for a place to live while he or she gets back on their feet. No drug users, no smokers. This shows you that there are still honest people on this planet, similar to what you may have found 175 years ago in the old pioneer country when honest ranch hands shared their skills for a safe place to call home until they were able to stand on their own. Feel free to message me for more details and to read my profile.
  4. Watchman57
    02-17-2012 11:53 AM - permalink
    Watchman57
    Well aint this just grand, NOW lets do something about the shelterless HUMANS!

County Approves Property Purchase - The Avery Journal-Times
  5. Toronto416
    02-13-2012 09:28 AM - permalink
    Toronto416
    I'd be interested in hearing more. My background is in fitness & health, but I've worked for nonprofits that assist in social housing. I'm looking to get involved with the YMCA & YWCA's new housing initiative in Vancouver BC...ironically it's so expensive to live there that while we will providing dorm-like SRO for the most vulnerable, those working there are kinda SOL as far as finding their own housing with Vancouver rents eclipsing $1200 a MONTH for a STUDIO!
  6. Watchman57
    02-04-2012 09:54 AM - permalink
    Watchman57
    My blood boilth over!!! I am in Avery Co., NC where they are building a gimongus animal shelter while denying/ignoring/not doing a bleepin thing for over 200 homeless humans! What has happened to us? Where is the human caring and compassion?

Avery County Great: Avery County Humane Society - The Avery Journal-Times
  7. Watchman57
    01-15-2012 06:57 AM - permalink
    Watchman57
    Moving Op's. complete now living in me 8x12 tent about 65 miles SW of where I was. Close to town within a 300 yard range of grocery store with access to a nuclear oven and while this county has 0/zip/nada for the homeless folks at least its not plum hostile like Ashe Co. Only have to hang in there til April - hurry Spring......
  8. Watchman57
    01-06-2012 07:30 AM - permalink
    Watchman57
    Speaking about the High Country of NC - where are the churches, pastors and Christians???

What Does the Bible Say About Helping Those In Need?
  9. Watchman57
    01-04-2012 07:27 AM - permalink
    Watchman57
    Homeless not wanted and nobody wants to help, read the part about homeless:

Jefferson Post - Commissioners discuss guns jail and homeless
  10. Watchman57
    01-02-2012 12:33 PM - permalink
    Watchman57
    Here is a fantastic Org. that has a really interesting radio program called "Unshackled".:

Pacific Garden Mission, Chicago, IL