Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

The 'Outlander' Series/Diana Gabaldon Discussion Group

Group Created by TakeAhike
View All Members Showing 10 of 17 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 11 to 20 of 41
  1. Aquarelle
    09-18-2009 01:04 PM - permalink
    Aquarelle
    Hi, it's great to meet other fans of the outlander books, I'm only just half way through reading the 1st book and am already loving it! I'm a big fan of anything slightly sci-fi and fantasy oriented, so the fact that it's also very historical and has the gorgeous sci-fi element of the stones at craig na dun, it's the perfect combo for me. I have a friend who is also a massive fan, but much more than me since she's read all the books and has created a site where people who really enjoyed reading the first book can actually play out a version of the book through written posts. It's also an outlander discussion site but the part I find I like most is the fact you can sign up as one of the characters or even just make your own original character (I chose to play two characters, a clan chief and a reiver..I mean, you can have female charries too, I just chose two blokes cause I fancied trying the male perspective and they could do a lot more than women back then...plus there's the kilts, hehe)

Anyway, if any of you like writing and are interested here's the linky http://outlander.ipbfree.com/index.php?

It would be fantastic if anyone here does want to take a peek or even join since we don't have many members just yet, if anyone really likes Callum, there's a desperate need for someone to play him and there's a great plotline in the works, we just need more people, the more the merrier really!
  2. nic033
    08-01-2009 04:13 PM - permalink
    nic033
    Hi everyone! Okay Im only on Drums of Autumn, so I apologize if someone has already asked/answered this question but I was afraid to read posts and find out what happens! Its driving me insane though, and has been since Claire found out that Jamie married Laoghaire. DOES SHE EVER TELL HIM THAT IT WAS BASICALLY LAOGHAIRE WHO SET HER UP FOR THE WITCH TRIAL or did she tell him and I missed it???? Please help, Im so distracted, I need to know asap! Also, I saw out of the corner of my eye that you guys are talking about a movie??? Is there going to be one? OKay, thats all... please help!
  3. nic033
    08-01-2009 03:24 PM - permalink
    nic033
    Hi everyone! Okay Im only on Drums of Autumn, so I apologize if someone has already asked/answered this question but I was afraid to read posts and find out what happens! Its driving me insane though, and has been since Claire found out that Jamie married Laoghaire. DOES SHE EVER TELL HIM THAT IT WAS BASICALLY LAOGHAIRE WHO SET HER UP FOR THE WITCH TRIAL or did she tell him and I missed it???? Please help, Im so distracted, I need to know asap! Also, I saw out of the corner of my eye that you guys are talking about a movie??? Is there going to be one? OKay, thats all... please help!
  4. John.99
    07-21-2009 04:51 PM - permalink
    John.99
    .:.:.:.Look at this amazing site .:.:.:.
    http://www.rasoulallah.net/index_english.asp
  5. HighlandLady
    04-07-2009 07:28 PM - permalink
    HighlandLady
    I haven't read any of her Lord John series...and I feel the need to start collecting those as well. She had a podcast I listened to recently and it talks on how Jamie Fraser is a key character in some of the stories.
  6. miguel's mom
    04-06-2009 11:48 AM - permalink
    miguel's mom
    Good news! Now I can't wait for the next book to be issued - good job!!! lol

Did anyone of you read "Lord John and the Private Matter" by DG? Just saw it being recommended on Amazone so I thought I'd ask you...

Thanks.
    Diana
  7. HighlandLady
    03-26-2009 02:02 PM - permalink
    HighlandLady
    A bit of a wait...but the next novel will be out soon. Not to advertise in the least, but you can pre-order it. Hale An Echo in the Bone!:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...54/ladiesofbtm
  8. TakeAhike
    02-02-2009 02:41 PM - permalink
    TakeAhike
    Feb 1, 2009

Outlander Fans--plan to come to Atlanta for Labor Day 2009 -- Gabaldon has accepted an invitation to the Decatur Book Festival.
  9. TakeAhike
    01-30-2009 11:56 PM - permalink
    TakeAhike
    aaaa
  10. Niftybergin
    11-10-2008 01:09 PM - permalink
    Niftybergin
    I'm a HUGE Outlander fan. Discovered and bought the first book back in 1991 when it was first published, so I've spent almost half my life waiting for the NEXT book to come out. It wasn't so bad at first -- a year between Outlander and Dragonfly, then two years between Dragonfly and Voyager, and so on. But now that it's 4 years between books, it's EXCRUTIATING!!

Regarding the movie...
    The most recent news going around is that the screenwriter is Randall Wallace who wrote BRAVEHEART and PEARL HARBOR. The do not yet have directors, etc. lined up, but they're hoping to get everything in order and start production in the spring of 09. Also, they're hoping that this will be the first movie of a franchise...so if the first movie gets made and does well, they'd like to do the sequels.

Anyway, other spots online to check out if you're a big Outlander fan would be the Ladies of Lallybroch website (www.lallybroch.com, but specifically the message boards: http://www.voy.com/14018/) and also the Books and Writer forum at Compuserve (http://community.compuserve.com/n/pf...oks&redirCnt=1). This is DG's online home away from home.