U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Retired Singles

Group Created by ConeyIsBabe

Now that you have retired from work, either because of years/age eligibility or health issues, what do you plan on doing the rest of your life? It's easier when you have a built-in support system as a married couple, but starting a new life as a single person is more daunting. Do you plan on relocation? Where? How do you make new friends? Let's share ideas. Are you counting the days to retirement? Wannabees are welcome to join this social group and share your concerns. Please post something to keep our group on the top of the list. Please post your favorite photos !

View All Members Showing 10 of 116 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 8 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 11 to 20 of 240
  1. chattipati58
    02-20-2012 04:12 PM - permalink
    chattipati58
    Looking for anyone living in Bella Vista/, Arkansas area. I am considering relocating there and would love to talk to those who live there. THANKS!!
  2. ConeyIsBabe
    12-23-2011 05:25 PM - permalink
    ConeyIsBabe
    WELCOME to the group 1cleansweep and larhondas; there does not appear to be much activity here. I don't know if any of the members are from NC.

larhondas ~~~ I absolutely LOVE your photos and wish I lived in that area. I'm forever California Dreamin' and living within walking distance to the ocean is my dream !
  3. 1cleansweep
    12-19-2011 11:46 AM - permalink
    1cleansweep
    Any members here from NC ?
  4. larhondas
    12-18-2011 02:17 PM - permalink
    larhondas
    Hi All!

Saw this group, and thought I'd join. I'm in California, on the Central Coast (San Luis Obispo County).
  5. ConeyIsBabe
    11-13-2011 10:47 AM - permalink
    ConeyIsBabe
    Just bumping up this group to keep it alive. Sorry for not visiting here more often. Anyone else around ? Any plans for the winter?

I've had a stressful past year with the loss of a loved-one and now trying to adjust to a new lifestyle ~ taking it day by day
  6. redhead
    01-30-2011 10:28 AM - permalink
    redhead
    Hi all, I've traveled around for the past few years looking for where I wanted to settle down; and am happy here in the Inland Empire of the Pacific Northwest. I still don't like snow that much but all the other factors of living here outweigh the negatives of snow, so I'm adding more indoor hobbies in order to get me through the winters. If you live in snow country...what gets you through the winters???
  7. gypsy2
    01-06-2011 04:26 PM - permalink
    gypsy2
    Hello All and Welcome to any newcomers. missysparkle seems it's hard to find senior singles out and about pretty much anywhere.. odd because we know we're out here. Anybody on here know of active senior singles groups, maybe in your area?..
  8. timerold56
    11-28-2010 06:59 PM - permalink
    timerold56
    I just retired looking to relocate to warmer weather w/golf gym and beach any sugestions need a comunity. not ready to cash in. no drinking . man
  9. mssysparkle
    08-10-2010 09:15 AM - permalink
    mssysparkle
    Hi Everyone. I just joined you. I live in west Pensacola, FL and am a retired single. I've been here for 1 1/2 years and there isn't a lot going on for Elder singles here. Lot of nightlife for the younger set though. I retired from health care, and I am loving it! I became ill with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in 1988 and had to take an early retirement in 1990. I have never regretted it. Living on a low set income is difficult, but I manage. I was wondering if there are any 50+ on this list from Pensacola. Also, a lady wrote asking for "big towns with a small town feel". I would suggest Destin, Crestview, and Navarre, FL in the Panhandle. Wonderful there!
  10. lhsinflatable
    08-04-2010 08:55 PM - permalink
    lhsinflatable
    Hi everyone, I like to know all of you, I am a new here