U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Retired Singles

Group Created by ConeyIsBabe

Now that you have retired from work, either because of years/age eligibility or health issues, what do you plan on doing the rest of your life? It's easier when you have a built-in support system as a married couple, but starting a new life as a single person is more daunting. Do you plan on relocation? Where? How do you make new friends? Let's share ideas. Are you counting the days to retirement? Wannabees are welcome to join this social group and share your concerns. Please post something to keep our group on the top of the list. Please post your favorite photos !

View All Members Showing 10 of 116 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 8 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 41 to 50 of 240
  1. FIRECRACKERGIRL
    07-11-2009 05:44 PM - permalink
    FIRECRACKERGIRL
    ConeyIsBabe..... Your Photos... WOW! ps.. Coney as in the Island? Is Babe as in The Best/Well Admired? and or The Babe as in Ruth? Neither.... lol
  2. FIRECRACKERGIRL
    07-09-2009 09:55 PM - permalink
    FIRECRACKERGIRL
    Greetings
  3. riversglow
    07-09-2009 08:06 PM - permalink
    riversglow
    I am so happy to meet you all and feel fortunate to have found you. I'm just beginning to become acquainted with this website and learning how to flow with it. Am presently looking for a picture to post. Will also begin to work on my Profile.
  4. phoenix47
    07-06-2009 01:02 PM - permalink
    phoenix47
    I'm not sure I understand how to include photos/pictures. I've got a bunch in My Pictures folder that I've downloaded from the internet, but I don't know anything about the permission thing. Please advise
  5. phoenix47
    07-06-2009 12:58 PM - permalink
    phoenix47
    I've just joined this group. Looking forward to meeting new people, as I am a bit of a hermit. Like living alone, but enjoy talking to people from time to time.
  6. lindaintennessee
    07-05-2009 02:09 PM - permalink
    lindaintennessee
    hello from east tennessee
    lived here 30 years
    just thought i would drop by and say hello
    Lindaintn
  7. ConeyIsBabe
    07-02-2009 12:41 PM - permalink
    ConeyIsBabe
    anomoly....... I made up the term "singles circle" because there are other references to groups like "sewing circle" - "circle of friends" and I've heard "we don't travel in the same circles" (or something like that), etc. Soooooo it seems natural to have a singles circle of friends who can get together and share and support the single lifestyle!
  8. anomoly
    07-02-2009 11:37 AM - permalink
    anomoly
    Yes, we're working on a writing project for single retirees. Not sure how to tie it in with this group, but our other thread is gathering momentum. I'm not even sure how to add a link to it.
    I love the idea of a 'singles circle'. I might start using the term, and when people say "what's that?" I can say "oh, it's really big back east" and act like it's going on everywhere! People like to join things that are already established. I could put up flyers to start a new chapter in my area!
  9. ConeyIsBabe
    07-01-2009 03:15 PM - permalink
    ConeyIsBabe
    Zugor..... THANKS for the wake-up call LOL ! I'm really not a creative writer, in fact it's a struggle to put several sentences together; but I know there are others who have the talent and special stories to tell (especially Anomoly) !
  10. zugor
    07-01-2009 02:03 PM - permalink
    zugor
    OK Ladies and Gents Break's Over - What's next? A writing project perhaps?