U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Retired Singles

Group Created by ConeyIsBabe

Now that you have retired from work, either because of years/age eligibility or health issues, what do you plan on doing the rest of your life? It's easier when you have a built-in support system as a married couple, but starting a new life as a single person is more daunting. Do you plan on relocation? Where? How do you make new friends? Let's share ideas. Are you counting the days to retirement? Wannabees are welcome to join this social group and share your concerns. Please post something to keep our group on the top of the list. Please post your favorite photos !

View All Members Showing 10 of 116 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 8 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 81 to 90 of 240
  1. nancy thereader
    12-22-2008 05:39 PM - permalink
    nancy thereader Moderator
    Great photo, coney!!!

Love that snowman's mouth.
  2. burt43
    12-20-2008 09:14 PM - permalink
    burt43
    id be proud of that snow man too. nice picture
  3. Umbria
    12-20-2008 05:55 PM - permalink
    Umbria
    Great snowman!!!!!!!! Nice pic of yourself. It's been a long time since I've made a snowman, now would be perfect because we are really getting dumped on. The storm that is going through parts of the country has hit us - kind of fun, actually. I saw neighbors today I haven't seen in months and it's amazing how friendly they all are - even the grumps. I have requested my camera back from my cousins kid who "borrowed" it way back and seemed quite surprised when I asked for it back . Egads - no, I won't say it. Anyway, I will post a pic when the camera appears.
  4. ConeyIsBabe
    12-19-2008 10:23 AM - permalink
    ConeyIsBabe
    MN2CO......... LOL ......... Thanks for the New Year wishes

5. Umbria
    12-18-2008 08:45 PM - permalink
    Umbria
    Bah Humbug to all you ole Scrooges!!!!! I won't wish you all a Merry Christmas - goodness no!! But, Happy New Year
  6. ConeyIsBabe
    12-18-2008 11:39 AM - permalink
    ConeyIsBabe
    Hi Nancy.....

YES, I feel the same way you do about this time of year. It's such a relief when the new year finally arrives !

Anyway, I'm hoping you - and all our other members of this little social group have a safe, healthy end to this year with hopes of better times to come in 09!
  7. nancy thereader
    12-16-2008 03:51 PM - permalink
    nancy thereader Moderator
    Retired Singles....... check-in, please

well, I'm still here. Just hoping that the holidays are over quickly. It is sort of a melancholy time for me.
  8. ConeyIsBabe
    12-12-2008 04:52 PM - permalink
    ConeyIsBabe
    Hi gypsy2 ! Welcome to this Social Group which has been very quiet lately! Maybe all the others are out and about having fun? shopping? It's a busy time of year.

I just returned from a mini-trip to the Napa Valley and San Francisco and got back in time to welcome-in our first snowstorm of this winter

Maybe it's time for a roll-call..........
    Retired Singles....... check-in, please
  9. gypsy2
    12-10-2008 06:47 PM - permalink
    gypsy2
    Hello Retired Singles, I will be retiring from public education (spec. needs students) the end of this month. Mixed feelings of both excitement/apprehension. So many major changes are involved, that began this past year. Hope to continue to sub a day or two weekly thru spring at least. Need it both for economic reasons and for mental well being. Then will be road tripping for a couple of months, heading west to CA. When I come back I'll figure out what comes next. That's the high points, if I left anything out that you would like to know, just ask.
  10. Umbria
    11-27-2008 05:06 PM - permalink
    Umbria
    Happy Thanksgiving retired singles people!! I volunteered for 2 years at an animal shelter - found homes for 12 wonderful dogs. Part of the job included fostering each one here, in my home. For the most part that was OK - I had 6 dogs here for 2 weeks one Christmas so other fosters could go out of town for Christmas - yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, my yard was a mess that spring (not from doggy doo - that was picked up, but too much pee!!!!!!!!) I am interested in helping the elderly - also hoping someday someone will do the same for me. Everyone hang in there and hope this years holidays are better than ever!!